||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2013)|
|Syed Rafiq Husain
سید رفیق حسین
|Born||14 May 1913
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Died||31 December 1990
|Occupation||Writer, poet, critic|
|Subjects||Literature, Urdu, Psychology|
|Literary movement||Urdu literature|
Husain was born to Syed Mohammed Taqi an aristocratic family in Baragaon, Jalalpur, Ambedkar Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh. He was the first Indian Ph.D. holder on the Urdu poetry of Allama Iqbal. He received a master degree in Urdu Literature from Allahabad University. He was awarded the gold medal in English literature during his graduation from Allahabad University. Husain married Husnara Begum in January 1948, and the couple had four sons and two daughters
He was selected in PCS[clarification needed] and served as Registrar of Co-Operative Society. On completion of his postgraduate studies, he joined Allahabad University as Lecturer on the persecution of the Vice Chancellor Amarnath Jha of Allahabad University. Later he became Chairman of Allahabad University Delegacy and Head of the Urdu Department. A competition occurred between Rafique Hussain and Firdaus Fatima Naseer for the Professorship in Urdu.
- Urdu Ghazal aur unski Nash-vo-Numa, 1942
- Mir Hasan ki ḥayat aur Siḥrulbayān ka tanqidi jaizah, 1960
- Dabistan, 1964,
- Guizār-E-aqīdat, 1966
- Afsanvi uṣul aur fasanah-yi ajaib, 1975
- Mas navi Siḥr al-bayan: yaʻnī, Qiṣṣah-yi Be Naẓīr va Badr-i Munīr, 1978
- Pahli Tankid Pahla Naqad
- Mawazna Anis wa Dabir
- Masnawi Gulzar Naseem by Pt Daya Shankar "Naseem" with an introduction and notes by Rafiq Husain
- University of Allahabad (1969). University of Allahabad Studies. Senate House. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- Prakash, Om (1 January 2005). Whither India: an autobiography. RBSA Publishers. ISBN 978-81-7611-237-6. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- University of Allahabad (1969). University of Allahabad Studies. Senate House.
- "Mīr Ḥasan kī ḥayāt aur Siḥrulbayān kā tanqīdī jāiʼzah (Book, 1960)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Dabistān (Book, 1964)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Guizār-i ʻaqīdat. (Book, 1966)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Afsānvī uṣūl aur fasānah-yi ʻajāʼib (Book, 1975)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Mas̲navī Siḥr al-bayān̲ : yaʻnī, Qiṣṣah-yi Be Naẓīr va Badr-i Munīr (Book, 1978)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2012-08-20.