|Time zone||IRST (UTC+03:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+04:30)|
Rafsanjan (Persian: رفسنجان, also Romanized as Rafsanjān and Rafsinjān; also known as Bahrāmābād) is a city in and the capital of Rafsanjan County, Kerman Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 136,388, in 33,489 families.
- Former President of Iran Hashemi Rafsanjani was born in Nough (نوق), near Rafsanjan
- Minister of culture and Islamic guidance, Mohammad Hosseini was born in koshkouyeh (کشکوییه) near rafsanjan
- Seyyed Hossein Marashi (سید حسین مرعشی; was born in koshkouyeh (کشکوییه) ،near rafsanjan ) the Former Iranian Vice President for Cultural Heritage and Tourism.
- Ali Samereh, Iranian football player
- Mark Amin vice president of Lions Gate Entertainment production company 
Ahmad Bahraini Imam for Friday (امام جمعه) in the Washington metropolitan United State and
the director for Islamic education center in the Washington area . He was born in the Rafsanjan (داوران)
Colleges and universities
- Islamic Azad University of Rafsanjan
- Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences 
- Rafsanjan University of Vali Asr
- Rafsanjan School of Medicine
According to the UN-HABITAT Program, Agenda 21 that is the global agenda for sustainable development, is formulated for cities as well as countries. "The Local Agenda for Sustainable Development" is seeking a strategy aimed at managing the living space and urban development. It prepares the ground for the development of "indigenous habitat knowledge" and maintains that the potentials of any given environment are different from those of others and the knowledge that is acquired in an environment is not capable of addressing the issues of other environments. Any habitat calls for real, healthy, manageable and last but not least its particular development system. In such a system, most of the potentials of the region should turn into opportunities for its development. This program is one of the most precise methods, is harmonious with the development context, finds the required resources and evaluates and uses them for the development purposes. Local Agenda 21 for Rafsanjan is aimed at the development of the city of Rafsanjan. The devel¬opment priorities, infrastructure and necessary projects ects are determined by the citizens and city managers.
- Rafsanjan can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3080584" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)" (Excel). Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original on 2011-11-11.