Ragga Twins or "RTC" are a jungle group from Hackney, England, composed of London UNITY sound system veteran MCs Deman Rockers and Flinty Badman (real names David and Trevor Destouche). Socialist Worker referred to them as "one of the most influential acts to emerge from the rave scene". In 2008, Soul Jazz Records issued a compilation album of their early 1990s recordings entitled Ragga Twins Step Out, whilst the same year the Twins lent their vocals to the Backdraft single, "Rock the Mic". They have also been featured on Mason and the Fraudsters 2010 UK Funky track - U Appear.
The Ragga Twins longest musical relationship is with Aquasky, a partnership that was first cemented in 2001 when Brent Newitt went to Flinty Badmans house in Hackney. After a beer or two, the pair decided to work together and later that year the tracks "All In Check ft. CoGee" and "Loko" were written for Botchit & Scarper. Four months later the tracks "Coffee" and "Dem No No We" were recorded for drum and bass label Moving Shadow and later in 2002 the d&b track "Dirty Entertainers" was recorded with Aquasky on their now defunct Sonix label. The following year a remix was created and a few white labels distributed but the single was never released due to Aquasky leaving their distribution deal with ST Holdings and moving to SRD.
A series of 12" singles were released with Aquasky on their Passenger label since 2002 and the Ragga Twins are due to record three new tracks at the Aquasky Studios for projects on Passenger to be released in 2013 for the 601 album "We Do Bass" and the Ragga Twins 2002-2013 compilation album.
In 2004 Aquasky were approached by HBO for the usage of the tracks 'Loko' or Dem No No We' to be used in the Ali G series "Ali G In The USA". HBO finally settled on "Dem No No We" which took the Ragga Twins new breakbeat output into America.
A video was shot for the "Superbad" single in 2011.
Ragga Twins and Aquasky still tour the world doing shows to this day.
Ragga twins still play regularly on KOOL.FM now KOOL LONDON
- Reggae Owes Me Money (1991) - UK #26
- Rinsin' Lyrics (1995 - Australia only)
- Ragga Twins Step Out (2008, Soul Jazz Records)
- "Illegal Gunshot" / "Spliffhead" (1990) - UK #51
- "Wipe the Needle" / "Juggling" (1991) - UK #71
- "Hooligan 69" (1991) - UK #56
- "Mixed Truth" / "Bring Up The Mic Some More" (1992) - UK #65
- "Shine Eye" (1992) - UK 63 †
- "Freedom Train" (1995) RT 4 track 12"
- "All In Check ft CoGee" / "Loko" (2002) - Aquasky vs Masterblaster - from Aquasky's "Beat The System" album on Botchit & Scarper
- "Coffee" / "Dem No No We" (2003) - Aquasky vs Masterblaster - from Aquasky's "Stayfresh" album on Moving Shadow - "Dem No No We" was used for the theme music for the second series of "Ali G In The USA"
- "Dirty Entertainers" (2003) - Aquasky - released on Sonix Records (Aquasky's d&b label)
- "Ready For This" (2005) - Aquasky vs Masterblaster - 777 Records - Also included on Aquasky's 2006 album 'Teamplayers' on Passenger Records
- "Everybody Hype ft. DJ Go from the Mixologists" / "Let It Burn" (2006) - Aquasky - 777 Records
- "Let Me See Your Hands" / "Let Me See Your Hands (The Bodysnatchers Mix)" (2007) - Aquasky - 777 Records
- "Rock The Mic" (2007) - Backdraft - Passenger Records
- "Bring Forth Ya Booty" (2008) - 10 Sui & La Resistance - featured in Hollywood Hit Epic Movie
- "Give It Up (Old Skool Style)" / "Give It Up (Old Skool Style) - Aquasky Clunk Clik Mix" / "Give It Up (Old School Style) - Trevor Loveys Fidgerty Dub Mix" / "Give It Up (Old School Style) - Trevor Loveys Vocal Mix" / "Give It Up (Old School Style) - Michael Morph Legit Mix" (2008) - Aquasky - Passenger Records
- "Mason and the Fraudster - U Appear featuring Sara Riley" (2010)
- "Living Legends" / "Raggatron" (2010) - Aquasky - Passenger Records
- "Superbad ft. Pedro Slimer, M-TEK & Mr. Thing" / "Humble ft Tenor Fly" (2011) - from Aquasky's "Raise The Devil" album on Passenger Records
- "Heatwave ft. MC Spyda, CoGee, Pedro Slimer & M-TEK" (2012) - Taken from the forthcoming "Bring The Ruckus" (2013) album on Passenger Records