|Origin||Corby, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Heavy metal, sludgecore|
|Years active||1998–2008, 2014|
|Past members||John Loughlin
Raging Speedhorn were formed in 1998 from the merging of the bands Soulcellar and Box. Through a 'frightening' stage presence and minor re-working of riffs reminiscent of Iron Monkey, the band quickly established itself as a major presence within the UK's metal scene.
Raging Speedhorn featured two vocalists, a style largely inspired by the UK hardcore band Hard to Swallow, (which featured Bloody Kev who would join Raging Speedhorn as their second vocalist after the departure of Frank Regan in 2005). The band's first single, "Thumper" (produced by industrial veteran, Marc Heal) was released in 2000 to significant critical acclaim. In 2001 they charted in the UK Singles Chart with "The Gush".
On early Raging Speedhorn recordings the music can be characterised by pounding basslines, heavily distorted riff-thick guitarwork and subject content consisting generally (but certainly not exclusively) of hedonism, drug-use, violence, antipathy for major band labels and depression.
John Loughlin, Jay Thompson and Dave Thompson are now in metal band, The Death Of Us as of 2013.
On 18 February 2014 it was announced that the band would reform to perform at Damnation Festival in November 2014. Both John Loughlin and Frank Regan would feature on vocals, with the band showcasing tracks from their debut and sophomore albums. The band have also been confirmed to play the UK leg of the 2014 Sonisphere festival.
On 3 July 2014, the band played a sold-out hometown show with support from The Darkhorse and Heart of a Coward as a warm-up prior to playing at Sonisphere two days later. On 7 July 2014, an eleven-date UK tour was announced.
- John Loughlin - vocals
- Frank Regan - vocals
- James Palmer - guitar
- Jay Thompson - guitar
- Dave Thompson - bass
- Gordon Morrison - drums
- UK Tour with earthtone9 in 1999
- UK Tour with Will Haven and Skindred in 1999
- UK Tour with Tribute To Nothing and Charger in 2000
- UK Tour with Medulla Nocte in 2000
- UK dates with Kittie in 2000
- UK Headline Tour with Brutal Deluxe and Defenestration in 2000
- Europe Tour with Biohazard and Nucleus in 2000
- Europe Tour with Amen in 2000
- UK Headline Tour with Charger and Vex Red in 2001
- Europe Tour with Mudvayne in 2001
- Japanese Tour with Amen in 2001
- Europe dates with Slipknot in 2001
- Ozzfest in the UK in 2001
- UK Headline Tour with Misdemeanor and Scurge in 2001
- "Tattoo The Planet" UK dates with Slayer, Pantera, Cradle Of Filth and more in 2001
- UK Headline Tour with Candiria and Clutch in 2002
- Summer Sonic Festival in Japan in 2002
- Scandinavia Tour in 2002
- Japanese Tour in 2002
- UK Tour supporting Rammstein in 2002
- Europe Headline Tour in 2003
- Download Festival in the UK in 2003 and 2005
- With Full Force in Germany in 2003 and 2005
- UK Headline Tour with Johnny Truant in 2005
- US Tour with Nile, Hypocrisy, Soilent Green and more in 2006
- Europe Tour with Twelve Tribes and Bridge To Solace in 2007
- UK Headline Tour with Shaped by Fate in 2007
- UK shows supporting Dir en grey in 2007
- Europe Tour with Carnivore in 2007
- Scandinavian Tour with Victims in 2008
- Final Europe Headline Tour with My City Burning in 2008
- Final UK and Ireland Headline tour with Take A Worm For A Walk Week and The Mirimar Disaster in 2008
- Final Japanese Tour with Palm in 2008
- Reunion Tour - UK 2014 
- Raging Speedhorn (2000)
- We Will Be Dead Tomorrow (2002)
- Live and Demos (2004)
- How the Great Have Fallen (2005)
- Before The Sea Was Built (2007)
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 448. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.