Rahul Mahajan (TV personality)
Rahul Mahajan at his Wedding Anniversary
25 July 1975
Ambajogai, Maharashtra, India
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Political leader, Entertainer|
|Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Member of Bhartiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Shweta Singh (2006-2008)
Dimpy Mahajan (2010-present)
Rahul Mahajan is an Indian reality show entertainer and a former pilot. He is the son of the son of former union cabinet minister Pramod Mahajan.
In July 2006, he got engaged to Shweta Singh whom he knew for 13 years and were together in flying school in US together and also flew for the Jet Airways. In December 2007, both filed for a divorce with mutual consent Shweta filed for divorce on 13 December 2007 on grounds of incompatibility and mutual consent of both parties. On 1 August 2008, Rahul Mahajan and his wife were granted a divorce by a Gurgaon court. District and session Judge Ramendra Jain granted their divorce after both parties mutually agreed on the move.
In 2009, Mahajan married to Dimpy Mahajan, as the end of Rahul Ka Swayamwar, a TV reality show which staged a swayamvar for him. In July 2010, Dimpy accused Rahul Mahajan of domestic violence and moved out of his home. His ex-wife had also previously accused him of domestic violence. In May 2014, both filed for divorce with mutual consent.
- Big Boss-2 on Colors in 2008
- Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega on NDTV Imagine in 2010
- Comedy Circus on Sony in 2011
- Nach Baliye 5 on Star Plus in 2012
- Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi ki on Life OK in 2013
- Nach Baliye Shriman vs Shrimati on Star Plus in 2013
- Comedy Nights with Kapil on Colors in 2014 as Mausi(Sister of Bittu's Bua's mother-in-law)
Mahajan has participated in Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega, the reality show sequel of Rakhi Ka Swayamwar. This show was a swayamvar for Rahul Mahajan, where 17 girls were participating including his would-be bride. Rahul Mahajan married Dimpy Mahajan (née Ganguly), a 21-year old Bengali model and actress on 6 March 2010. As the previous version of the show (Rakhi Ka Swayamwar) did not culminate in a marriage, the marriage of Dimpy with Rahul was the first one of its kind to be telecast on Indian television with a national audience. Rahul and his wife Dimpy Mahajan had participated in Nach Baliye season 5.
- Ayesha Arvind (3 August 2008). "Day after divorce, Shweta says don’t want any money from Mahajan". Indian Express. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Dimpy and Rahul Mahajan file for divorce?". India Today (India). Dimpy and Rahul Mahajan file for divorce?. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Rahul Mahajan ties knot with Dimpy". Times of India. 6 March 2010. Retrieved 12 March 2010.
- "Dolly Bindra approached for Nach Baliye!". Retrieved 04-12-2012.