February 9, 1956 |
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Residence||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
Rahul Mukerjee is an Indian academic and statistician. He is a professor of Statistics, in the higher academic grade, at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He is also a J.C. Bose National Fellow, and a member of the National Statistical Commission, Government of India.
Mukerjee completed his B.Sc. (Hons) and M.Sc. degrees in Statistics at the University of Calcutta in 1975 and 1977 respectively, with rank first in the first class in each case. He later received his Ph.D. in Statistics in 1982 from the University of Calcutta.
After completing his education, Mukerjee taught briefly at University of Calcutta and then at the Indian Statistical Institute, where he was awarded an out-of-turn promotion to full professorship at the age of thirty three. He joined IIM Calcutta as a full professor in 1989. At IIM-C, Mukerjee teaches courses in the fields of Statistics and Mathematics. In addition to his full-time position at IIM Calcutta, he has held short- or long-term visiting positions in many institutions around the world, including Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, University of Michigan, Pennsylvania State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Georgia, University of Florida, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, Simon Fraser University, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Hiroshima University, University of Hong Kong, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Nankai University, Seoul National University, National University of Singapore, University of Malaya, Kuwait University and University of São Paulo.
- Recipient of Indian Science Congress Association Young Scientists' Award, 1985.
- Honored Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, USA, 1999.
- Recipient of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award, India's highest award in Science, for outstanding contributions to mathematical sciences, 2000.
- Recipient of the National Award in Statistics in honor of C.R. Rao, 2001, from the Government of India.
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, 2001.
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, 2003.
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India, 2003.
- Recipient, J C Bose National Fellowship, 2010-15.
- Appointed as a member of the National Statistical Commission, Government of India, for a period of three years starting 2013.
Rahul Mukerjee has authored or co-authored 5 books and over 230 papers.
- "Randomized Response: Theory and Techniques" (1988, with A. Chaudhuri), Marcel Dekker.
- "A Calculus for Factorial Arrangements" (1989, with S. Gupta), Springer-Verlag.
- "Fractional Factorial Plans" (1999, with A. Dey), John Wiley & Sons.
- "Probability Matching Priors: Higher Order Asymptotics" (2004, with G.S. Datta), Springer-Verlag.
- "A Modern Theory of Factorial Design" (2006, with C.F. Jeff Wu), Springer-Verlag.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee - Main". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee - Academics". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee - Experience". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Institute of Mathematical Statistics: Honored IMS Fellows". imstat.org. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "The Indian Express: 10 scientists nominated for Bhatnagar Awards". expressindia.com. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Indian Academy of Sciences: Fellow Profile". ias.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Indian National Science Academy: Indian Fellow". insaindia.org. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "National Academy of Sciences, India: Fellows". ias.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "IIM-C Faculty Information: Rahul Mukerjee - Research". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Faculty Information
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Operations Management Group Faculty
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta