||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2011)|
|Rai News 24|
|Launched||April 26, 1999|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.56% (May 2014, )|
|Formerly called||RaiNews 24 (1999–2010)
Rai News (2010–2013)
|SKY Italia (Italy)||Channel 506|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 9847|
|Cablecom (Switzerland)||Channel 103
Channel 212 (digital CH-D)
|MC Cable (Monaco)||Channel 200|
|Naxoo (Switzerland)||Channel 189|
|Numericable (France)||Channel 79|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 759|
|TV di FASTWEB||Channel 82|
|Alice Home TV||Channel 506|
|Infostrada TV||Channel 506|
|Bell Fibe TV
Rai News 24 is an Italian 24-hour all-news State-owned television channel, broadcast on digital terrestrial television in Italy and via satellite around Europe and North America.
The new channel experiments with an innovative model that combines television, internet and digital technologies. The choice of a multi-screen format, widespread use of video conference connections with correspondents and experts, was significant. The research of the separation from narration of the news and opinions about them is one of the strongest points of this channel. Often, videos are broadcast without commentary, and only some subtitles; so as to not bias the viewer.
In the last two months of 2005 the channel has realized various scoops about the Iraq war, knowing about the use of particular arms like white phosphorus or napalm from the American armed forces and the behaviour in war of some Italian soldiers in Nassiriya. From November 2006, when the Italian journalist Corradino Mineo became chief of the television, the channel use a new graphic, similar to BBC World News, changing its old graphic which was similar to Bloomberg Television. Today the channel is seen in 24 hours from 5.9% of people in the news at 8 pm is followed by 1 million of people, currently is planning to move to HD. In March 2012 the study will change after the change took place in December 2011 graphics it all happened due to the rapid increase in public. Mineo will be substituted within February 2013 because he launched his bid in Italian general election.
On February 24, 2013 at 7:00 am channel has resumed its old name Rai News24, at the same time adopting a new news room and a graphical slightly modified: the bumpers and graphics of the network have been updated with the new logo.
To receive the contents of this news channel 24 hours a day with news bulletins of 15 minutes every half-hour and others 15 minutes of journalistic close examinations about actuality or general news, from the other the weather or economy, it needs the satellite (reception from Hotbird 13° East) or DVB-T receiver (reception only in Italy); Rai News is available also via internet streaming, on IPTV (only in Italy) and on Rai 3 from 2 am to 7 am. The streaming internet service uses the proprietary format WMV. To reduce the number of bits needed to the coding of the signal, the screen was divided in some windows and te moving signal occupies less than half total pixels, while the other parts of the screen contained what time is in that moment, the titles of the main news, the internet sites where you can deepen the various news and the logo of the program on air in that moment.
Directors of Rai News
- Roberto Morrione (from 1999 to 2006)
- Corradino Mineo (from 2006 to 2013)
- Monica Maggioni (from 2013)
- Rai News!?!* Buongiorno Italia It is the flagship program of the channel, it is presented by Mark Thompson.
- Notiziario (every half-hour, broadcast also on Rai Italia)
- Meteonews24 (weather bulletin, every half-hour)
- Notizie dal CCISS viaggiare informati (traffic alert bulletin, every half-hour)
- Dentro la notizia
- Decoder. Le immagini che fanno notizia (Images with subtitles in Italian from APTN, Reuters and its affiliates. Similar to No Comment on EuroNews)
- L'economiaheading on the economy.
- Rassegna stampapress review of national and international newspapers, in the second part of the review are made to see the local newspapers.
- Il caffè delle 20Heading Policy
- Giro di BoaActuality resumee
- Maurizio Torrealta
- Claudia Origlia
- Sigfrido Ranucci
- Piero Di Pasquale
- Ivana Suhadolc
- Giovanna Tatò
- Marco Silenzi
- Roberto Amen
- Novella Calligaris
- Marco Dedola
- "Sintesi Mensile 1A". Auditel. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- DM LIVE24: 25 FEBBRAIO 2013. NUOVO STUDIO PER RAI NEWS, GIANNA NANNINI E IL MALLEOLO DI TIZIANO FERRO, davidemaggio.it
- L'impegno Rai per le elezioni – Ufficio Stampa Rai