The Raider Nation is the official name for the fans of the NFL's Oakland Raiders. They are usually associated with a section of the Oakland Coliseum known as the 'black hole' (sections 104, 105, 106, and 107) which is mostly occupied by rowdy fans. The origin of the name is obscure; certainly it was in vogue during the early 1980s, when Raider fans from the San Francisco Bay Area were forced to travel to Los Angeles or elsewhere to watch their team.
The city's working-class background is cited, as is the influence of "outlaw" owner Al Davis. The team's aggressive style of play during the 1970s and 1980s, when the Raiders won their three Super Bowls, is also mentioned. Members of the Raider Nation take pride in their image.
The team's fans devotion is chronicled in "Better to Reign in Hell," a book written by San Diego English professors Jim Miller  and Kelly Mayhew, who are also Raider fans.
Notable members of Raider Nation include:
- Jessica Alba - Actress 
- Ice Cube - Musician 
- Tiger Woods - PGA 
- James Garner - Actor 
- Jason Kidd - NBA 
- Tom Hanks - Actor 
- CC Sabathia - MLB 
- Jeff Hanneman - Musician 
- Magic Johnson - NBA 
- Leonardo DiCaprio - Actor 
- Larry King - TV Host 
- Natalie Coughlin - Swimmer 
- Mick Thomson - Musician 
- James Hetfield - Musician 
- Martin Klebba - Actor 
- Guy Fieri - TV Host 
- MC Hammer - Musician 
- Morgan Webb - TV Host 
- Axl Rose - Musician 
- Ken Jeong - Actor 
- Mills, Roger. "Raider nation No matter how far-flung Raider fans are, they remain united by a fierce and belligerent loyalty".
- Callen, Kate. "Better to Reign in Hell Review".
- Ice Cube Revisits L.A. Raiders Glory Days
- Origins of the Original Raider Nation Website
- Collection of images of Raiders fans in costume
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Raider Nation.|