Raiders of the Living Dead
|Raiders of the Living Dead|
|Directed by||Samuel M. Sherman
Brett Piper (uncredited)
|Produced by||Samuel M. Sherman
Dan Q. Kennis
|Written by||Samuel M. Sherman
|Music by||Tim Ferrante
George Edward Ott (Opening Theme)
|Editing by||John Donaldson|
|Distributed by||Independent International Pictures|
|Running time||86 minutes|
In an abandoned prison, a doctor has revived executed convicts as the living dead. Teenager Scott Schwartz (A Christmas Story, The Toy) creates a weapon from a laserdisc player's laser and pursues the walking dead, aided by his girlfriend and grandfather (western star Bob Allen). A reporter (Robert Deveau) on the trail of the story is helped by the town librarian, played in her final film role by Zita Johann (Boris Karloff's The Mummy, The Sin of Nora Moran). On the prison island, the zombies attack a security guard and tear him apart as the reporter and teenager venture into the prison caverns for a final showdown.
- Robert Allen as Dr. Corstairs
- Donna Asali as Shelly Godwin
- Corri Burt as Michelle
- Robert Deveau as Morgan Randall
- Zita Johann as Librarian
- Bob Sacchetti as Man in Black
- Scott Schwartz as Jonathan
- Version 1: the first cut called Dying Day, directed by Brett Piper
- Version 2: the second cut called Dark Night, directed by Brett Piper
- Version 3: the third cut called Raiders of the Living Dead, featuring new footage shot by Sherman
- "B-Sides: Raiders of the Living Dead Are After Me". Dread Central. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- "Company Credits for Raiders of the Living Dead". imdb.com. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Raiders of the Living Dead (DVD)". dvdempire.com. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Raiders of the Living Dead (DVD)". amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
|This article about a 1980s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|