|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Raiganj subdivision is a subdivision of the North Dinajpur district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Raiganj municipality, Kaliaganj municipality and four community development blocs: Hemtabad, Itahar, Kaliganj and Raiganj. The four blocks contain 39 gram panchayats and two census towns. The subdivision has its headquarters at Raiganj.
Apart from the Raiganj municipality and Kaliaganj municipality, the subdivision contains two census towns and rural areas of 39 gram panchayats under four community development blocs: Hemtabad, Itahar, Kaliganj and Raiganj. The two census towns are: Nachhratpur Katabari and Kasba.
Rural area under Hemtabad block consists of five gram panchayats, viz. Bangalbari, Chainagar, Naoda, Bishnupur and Hemtabad. There is no urban area under this block. Hemtabad police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Hemtabad.
Rural area under Itahar block consists of 12 gram panchayats, viz. Chhayghara, Gulandar–I, Joyhat, Patirajpur, Durgapur, Gulandar–II, Kapasia, Surun–I, Durlovpur, Itahar, Marnai and Surun–II. There is no urban area under this block. Itahar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Itahar.
Rural area under Kaliaganj block consists of eight gram panchayats, viz. Anantapur, Bhandar, Dhankoil, Mustafanagar, Baruna, Bochadanga, Malgaon and Radhikapur. There is no urban area under this block. Kaliaganj police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Kaliaganj.
Rural area under Raiganj block consists of 14 gram panchayats, viz. Bahin, Gouri, Mahipur, Sitgram, Barua, Jagadishpur, Maraikura, Bhatun, Bindole, Kamalabari–I, Rampur, Birghoi, Kamalabari–II and Serpur. Urban area under this block consists of two census towns:Nachhratpur Katabari and Kasba. Raiganj police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Raiganj.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, the Raiganj municipality and five gram panchayats under the Raiganj block, viz. Bahin, Maraikura, Gouri, Kamalabari–I and Kamalabari–II together will constitute the Raiganj assembly constituency of West Bengal. The Kaliaganj municipality, the Kaliaganj block, and the two gram panchayats Barua and Birghoi under the Raiganj block will together form the Kaliaganj assembly constituency. Hemtabad assembly constituency will cover the Hemtabad block and seven gram panchayats under the Raiganj block, viz. Mahipur, Sitgram, Jagadishpur, Bhatun, Bindole, Rampur and Serpur. The area under the Itahar block will constitute the Itahar assembly constituency. Kaliaganj and Hemtabad constituencies will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates. Hemtabad, Raiganj and Kaliaganj constituencies will be part of Raiganj (Lok Sabha constituency), whereas the Itahar constituency will be part of Balurghat (Lok Sabha constituency).
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North Dinajpur district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 6, 23. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- Raiganj travel guide from Wikivoyage