Rail transport in Burkina Faso
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Burkina Faso is landlocked; the railway to Abidjan provides access to the sea.
The following towns of Burkina Faso are served by the country's railways:
- Ouagadougou - national capital
- (service suspended)
- Kaya terminus
- Kaya - terminus
- Dori (approx. 100 km of the extension from Kaya to Dori visible on Google Earth dated 15/2/07)
- Tambao manganese  - near Niger/Mali borders
- On 31 November 2011, a agreement was signed to build a new international railway connecting Ivory Coast, Burkino Faso, Niger and Benin.
- Rail transport in Ghana; Ghana Railway Corporation
- Transport in Burkina Faso
- West Africa Regional Rail Integration
- "Railway Gazette: Essential renewals must pave the way for ambitious expansion strategy". Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- "Railway Gazette: News in Brief". Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- "2008-01-01". Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- The Times Atlas of the World 2007 p85
- RailwayAfrica July 2009, p9