The events are usually fund raising oriented, and also involved with showing features of museums and their contents not always available in normal visiting times. The term is found in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia for such events.
National Railway Museum, York (UK)
Railfest is the name given to occasional railway festivals at the National Railway Museum in York, England. There was a Railfest in 2004, and another in 2012. The 2012 event was sponsored by the magazines RAIL, Steam Railway, and Model Rail.
The 2000 event was promoted as being a celebration of 200 years of Steam 
The 2012 event had the theme of record breakers, and featured exhibits such as
- Prototype HST power car 41001
- HST power car 43159, which jointly holds the diesel rail speed record.
- LNER Peppercorn Class A1 60163 Tornado
- GWR 3700 Class 3440 City of Truro
- LNER Class A4 4468 Mallard, holder of the steam rail speed record.
- Class 395 Javelin EMU 395019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Railfest 2004.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Railfest 2012.|
- Bassendean, Western Australia http://www.bassendeanmeansbusiness.com.au/2012/09/railfest-2012/
- Railfest 2012 souvenir prochure. Bauer Media. 2–10 June 2012.
- Clinnick, Gary (13 June 2012). "EC '91' naming and flypast launches rail spectacular". RAIL (698): 6–7.
- Clinnick, Gary (13 June 2012). "Stars of modern traction out in force for Railfest". RAIL (698): 8–9.
- Flying Scotsman comes home 200 years of locomotives, HHO Multimedia, 2000, retrieved 16 November 2012
|This rail-transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|