Railroad Development Corporation
Railroad Development Corporation is a railroad holding company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. RDC operates several short line railroads outside the United States and acts as an investor, with management and institutional investors as partners.
Henry Posner III is a founding principal of the company.
- ALL Central, a 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge line also in partnership with América Latina Logística and the Argentine government. It formerly operated as Buenos Aires al Pacífico - San Martin, Ferrocarril General San Martín, and Buenos Aires and Pacific Railway.
- ALL Mesopotámica, a 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) standard gauge line in partnership with América Latina Logística and the Argentine government. It formerly operated as Ferrocarril Mesopotámico - General Urquiza and Ferrocarril General Urquiza.
Manages the previously closed 914 mm (3 ft) gauge Ferrovias Guatemala under a 50-year concession from 1997. Services to be suspended October 2007, RDC seeking arbitration in contractual dispute.
In July 1999 the Peruvian government awarded a consortium led by RDC a 30-year concession to operate the former Ferrocarril del Centro. Investors in Ferrocarril Central Andino (FCCA) include RDC, Juan Olaechea & Company, Minas Buenaventura, ADR Inversiones, and Inversiones Andino. It was agreed in June 2006 by the Peruvian government that FCCA should go ahead with converting the Ferrocarril Huancayo - Huancavelica from 3 ft (914 mm) to 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) (standard gauge). Estimated to take 16 months, the US$33m project was to be funded jointly by the government and the Development Bank of Latin America.
Eesti Raudtee - bought August 31, 2001, sold January 9, 2007. - holding company "Baltic Rail Services" - shares owned included 25.5% "Rail world Inc." (USA), 25.5% Jarvis PLC (UK), RDC (5%), and "OÜ Ganiger Invest" 44% (Estonia)
In 2009 RFF, Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations and Railroad Development Corp formed a joint venture to promote local freight.
- "RDC operating entities". Railroad Development Corporation.
- "RDC to revive Guatemala railways". Railway Gazette International. 1997-08-01.
- "Central America going nowhere". Railway Gazette International. 2007-08-18.
- "Huancavelica upgrade". Railway Gazette International. 2006-06-01. Retrieved 2007-09-08.[dead link]
- Great South American Rail Adventure Trains & Travel
- "EVR's private interlude is over". Railway Gazette International. 2007-02-01.
- Baltic Rail Services Completes the Purchase of a Controlling Interest in Eesti Raudtee, Estonian State Railways Railroad Development Corporation
- "RDC in French freight venture". Railway Gazette International. 2009-04-02.
- "Hamburg-Köln Express to launch". Railway Gazette International. 2009-11-04.