Rain (Japanese band)
Ra:IN at Japan Expo in Paris, 2009.
|Genres||Instrumental rock, hard rock, progressive rock|
|Associated acts||X Japan, hide with Spread Beaver,
Red Warriors, Tensaw
Ra:IN (stands for Rock and Inspiration) is a Japanese instrumental rock band. Formed in 2002 by Pata, Michiaki and Tetsu, the group is signed to the Danger Crue label. Former hide with Spread Beaver keyboardist DIE joined the band in May 2007, and drummer Tetsu left in April 2014, being replaced by Ryuichi Nishida. They have released three albums, a single and a two track EP, and have toured extensively, including international shows in China, Taiwan, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Russia.
Ra:IN was formed in October 2002 with Pata on guitar, Michiaki on bass and Tetsu on drums. They were named by Masayoshi Kabe, Michiaki's bandmate in Zoku Zoku Kazoku. They went on their first tour in December, with their debut maxi-single "The Border" released in April of next year. It was followed by their first album The Line in November. They had their first overseas performances in 2004; Shanghai on April 24-25 and one in Taipei in July. RaIN performed three shows in Paris in May 2005, and at the closing of the hide museum on September 9 back in Japan.
They released their second album Before the Siren, their first on popular independent record label Danger Crue, in March 2006 and embarked on tour in support of it, which included two more shows in Taipei. In 2007 they released the DVD Hard Rain and Rocks Live and performed two shows in Beijing, one of which was at the Beijing Pop Festival. That year keyboardist DIE joined the band. Their third album Metal Box was released in Japan in April 2008 and in France the following month. They also performed at the hide memorial summit at Ajinomoto Stadium on May 3.
In June 2009 Ra:IN began a lengthy European tour which took them to Rome, Ljubljana, Budapest, Warsaw, Gdynia, Berlin, Cologne, Moscow, Paris, Madrid, and ended in Hradec Králové at the Rock for People festival. They released a special single sold only on the tour, titled "Circle/Psychogenic".
The members of Ra:IN are credited exclusively by their given or stage names.
- Tomoaki "Pata" Ishizuka (石塚 智昭?) – guitar (X Japan, P.A.F., Dope HEADz)
- Michiaki Suzuki (鈴木享明?) – bass (Tensaw, The Toys, Zoku Zoku Kazoku, Mosaw)
- Daijiro "DIE" Nozawa (野澤大二郎?) – keyboard (hide with Spread Beaver, Loopus, Minimum Rockets, Kiss the World)
- Ryuichi Nishida (西田竜一?) – drums (2014–present)
- Former members
- Tetsu Mukaiyama (向山テツ?) – drums (2002–2014) (Daizo & Elephants, P.A.F., Red Warriors, Cocco)
- "The Border" (April 3, 2003)
- The Line (November 7, 2003)
- Before the Siren (March 8, 2006)
- Metal Box (April 9, 2008)
- "Circle/Psychogenic" (2009, Special Edition EP sold on their 2009 European tour)
- Hard Rain & Rocks Live (July 9, 2007)
- "Exclusive interview with Ra:IN". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Ra:IN profile". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Last Ra:IN for the hide MUSEUM". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "hide Memorial Summit Day 1 - Part A". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Interview with Ra:IN". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Ra:IN at A-Kon". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ra:IN.|