Rain Fell Within
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (November 2012)|
|Rain Fell Within|
|Also known as||In Medias Res|
|Associated acts||Dawn Desireé
The Soil Bleeds Black
Arise From Thorns
Garden of Shadows
Forty Days Longing
maudlin of the Well
|Past members||Dawn Desireé
Laurie Ann Haus
Jason Aaron Wood
John ‘Sardonius’ Brown
Jason Ian-Vaughn Eckert
Rain Fell Within was a symphonic gothic metal band from Virginia, USA. They are known for their atmospheric sound, symphonic arrangements and female soprano vocals.
Rain Fell Within formed in 1996 as vocalist/keyboardist Dawn Desiree, guitarist Kevin Thomas and bassist Charles Gore with guitarist William Rucker and drummer John Brown. That era released two demos, Rain Fell Within-Live '97 and Solemn Days in 1998.
In 1998, William and John departed and percussionist Tim Miller joined. In 1999, this quartet recorded Believe, then recruited second guitarist Owen Davis, began opening for international acts and signed a record contract with Dark Symphonies.
In 2000, Dark Symphonies released Believe which increased their exposure including performing at the Milwaukee Metal Fest, New Jersey Metal Fest and New England Metal Fest, magazine interviews including Metal Maniacs and radio air play.
In 2001, they acquired distribution with Barnes & Noble, Relapse Records and Hellion Records and released "The Only One" bonus track with Owen before his departure. This led to recruiting second guitarist Jason Aaron Wood and backing vocalist Laurie Ann Haus. The core quartet recorded Refuge, which included one song with Jason and Laurie.
In 2002, Dark Symphonies released Refuge and they recruited keyboardist John Battema. They performed and began writing as a seven member line-up, but disbanded later that year. Rain Fell Within members went on to form the following projects: Dawn Desireé, Ephemeral Sun, Todesbonden and Anomalous Feather (inactive)
- Dawn Desireé - vocals & keyboards (1996–2002)
- Kevin Thomas - lead & rhythm guitars (1996–2002)
- Charles Gore - fretted & fretless bass (1996–2002)
- Tim Miller - drums & percussion (1998–2002)
- Laurie Ann Haus - backing vocals featured lead vocals on "Passing Time" from Refuge (2001–2002)
- Jason Aaron Wood - lead & rhythm guitars featured on "Into the Tower" from Refuge (2001-2002)
- Owen Davis - lead & rhythm guitars featured on "The Only One" bonus track from Believe S.America (1999-2001)
- William Rucker - lead & rhythm guitars featured on Live '97 & Solemn Days (1996–1998)
- John ‘Sardonius’ Brown - drums & percussion featured on Live '97 & Solemn Days (1996–1998)
- Jason Ian-Vaughn Eckert - live rhythm guitar (1999 & 2001)
- John Battema - live keyboards (2002)
- Jennifer LeeAnna - live backing vocals (2000)
- Rain Fell Within 'Live '97' - demo (1997)
- Solemn Days - demo (1998)
- Believe - EP (2000)
- Refuge - LP (2002)