||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (September 2011)|
|Stable release||1.5 / August 26, 2010|
|Operating system||Windows and Linux|
RainbowCrack is a computer program which generates rainbow tables to be used in password cracking. RainbowCrack differs from "conventional" brute force crackers in that it uses large pre-computed tables called rainbow tables to reduce the length of time needed to crack a password drastically. RainbowCrack was developed by Zhu Shuanglei, and implements an improved time-memory trade-off cryptanalysis attack which originated in Philippe Oechslin's Ophcrack.
Some organizations have made RainbowCrack's rainbow tables available free over the internet.
- "Project RainbowCrack = documentation". Retrieved 2008-09-18.[dead link]
- "Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables". Retrieved 2008-09-18.
- Project RainbowCrack - Developer's official site.
- Rainbow Tables & Rainbow Crack tutorial
- Recovering Windows passwords with RainbowCrack
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|