Rainbow Lake, Alberta
|Town of Rainbow Lake|
|Specialized municipality||Mackenzie County|
|• Mayor||Boyd Langford|
|• Governing body||Rainbow Lake Town Council|
|• MP||Chris Warkentin (Peace River-Cons)|
|• MLA||Frank Oberle (Peace River-PC)|
|• Total||11.04 km2 (4.26 sq mi)|
|Elevation||534 m (1,752 ft)|
|• Density||78.8/km2 (204/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T0H|
The town carries the name of the nearby lake, formed on the Hay River, that was so called due to its curved shape.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Rainbow Lake had a population of 870 living in 305 of its 424 total dwellings, a -9.8% change from its 2006 population of 965. With a land area of 11.04 km2 (4.26 sq mi), it had a population density of 78.8/km2 (204.1/sq mi) in 2011.
The population of the Town of Rainbow Lake according to its 2007 municipal census is 1,082.
According to the 2006 census, Rainbow Lake had:
- a population of 965 living in 448 dwellings, a 1.1% decrease from 2001;
- a land area of 11.04 km2 (4.26 sq mi); and
- a population density of 87.4 /km2 (226 /sq mi).
The town is home to the Rainbow Lake School operated by the Fort Vermilion School Division, which offers curriculum for kindergarten through grade 12.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. October 3, 2014. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2009-09-15). "Alberta 2009 Official Population List". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Rainbow Lake - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-12. Check date values in:
- "Rainbow Lake School". Fort Vermilion School Division. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
||Fort Liard||Zama City||Hay River|
|Fort Nelson||High Level|