|Raj Kundra (Bonga)|
London, United Kingdom
|Spouse(s)||Kavita Kundra (divorced)
Shilpa Shetty (2009–present)
Raj Kundra was born and raised in London. His ancestors came from Punjab. He left school at the age of 18 and in 2004 was ranked by SUCCESS magazine as the 198th richest British Asian. As of 2009[update], Kundra was Chief Executive Officer of Essential General Trading LLC, which was described in a press release as being "a Dubai-based international trading company dealing in precious metals, construction, mining and green renewable energy projects". He was also at that time involved in the financing and production of Bollywood movies.
Kundra is involved with a charitable organisation called the Shilpa Shetty Foundation.
Indian Premier League
In 2009 Kundra and Shetty invested in the Indian Premier League cricket team Rajasthan Royals using an offshore company based in Mauritius as the vehicle for doing so. The couple hoped to use Shetty's image and status as a "global brand" as a means of boosting the image of the team through merchandising and media exposure, as well as attracting sponsors.
Kundra was questioned by Delhi Police in June 2013 with regard to the 2013 Indian Premier League spot-fixing case, which had involved the arrest of some Rajasthan Royals players. Kundra admitted to betting and that he had lost huge amounts in doing so on his own team. Investigations continue and he has been asked not to leave the country pending possible further questioning.
Super Fight League
Raj Kundra currently faces stiff negative comments and remarks from Salman Khan Fans after he compare his earning with and Salman Khan's eluding that he earns more than the Bollywood super star.
- Shah, Gouri (11 February 2009). "It's not about getting the best players, but making the weakest stronger". Mint (Delhi). Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Rajasthan Royals agrees to take strategic investment from Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty". London: Blenheim Chalcot. 3 February 2009. Archived from the original on 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Middlehurst, Lester (31 December 2007). "I didn't break anyone's marriage". The Daily Mail.
- "Thank god, I'll marry only once: Shilpa". The Times Of India. 30 November 2009.
- "Shilpa Shetty gives birth to a baby boy". Rediff. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- Times News Network (6 June 2013). "Raj Kundra confesses to betting in IPL: Delhi Police". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Olivera, Roshni. "Ready for the Super Fight League?". The Times Of India (Mumbai). Retrieved 2012-01-19.