Raja Ashman Shah
|Raja Ashman Shah|
|Yang Teramat Mulia Raja Kechil Sulung of Perak|
|Spouse||Noraini Jane Kamarul Ariffin|
|Issue||Raja Eminah Alliyah
Raja Ahmad Nazim Azlan Shah Raja Kechil Besar of Perak
Raja Bainunisa Safia
|Father||Sultan Azlan Shah|
28 December 1958|
Penang, Federation of Malaya
|Died||30 March 2012
Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Burial||30 March 2012
Al-Ghufran Royal Mausoleum, Kuala Kangsar, Perak
Raja Ashman Shah (28 December 1958 – 30 March 2012), formally known as Sheikh Dato' Seri Raja Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Muhibbuddin Shah, was a member of the Perak Royal Family, the second son of Sultan Azlan Shah. He was the Raja Kechil Sulung of Perak, which made him the fourth in line to the throne of the Perak Sultanate.
Raja Ashman attended high school at St. John Institution, Kuala Lumpur. He held a Bachelor's degree in Economics from the University of Nottingham, a Master's degree in Law from Cambridge University, and a diploma in Business Law from the University of London, England. He was a barrister-at-law and a member of the English Bar.
Raja Ashman held a number of professional positions. He was the Executive Director of Dreamland Holdings from 1990, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Haqqani Foundation Malaysia from 1994, the Chairman of Dwitasik, and the Director of KKB Engineering Bhd.
Raja Ashman held an ijazah (permission of investiture) from Shaykh Nazim 'Adil al-Haqqani in the Naqshbandi-Haqqani Sufi Order. Known as Sheikh Raja in the sufi order, he was the representative of Shaykh Nazim in Malaysia and Singapore. He established the Naqshbandi sufi lodge (zawiya) in Kuala Lumpur.
He married Y.A.Bhg. Datuk Sri Noraini Jane binti Tan Sri Kamarul Ariffin (born 1959) on 26 September 1991 in Kuala Kangsar. She is the daughter of Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Kamar ul-Ariffin bin Muhammad Yassin, former Senator and Chair of the Board of Trustees of the National Art Gallery.
They had one son and two daughters:
- Y.A.M. Raja Eminah Alliyah binti Almarhum Raja Datuk Seri Ashman Shah (born 1992)
- Y.T.M. Raja Ahmad Nazim Azlan Shah ibni Almarhum Raja Datuk Ashman Shah, Raja Kechil Besar (born 1994)
- Y.A.M. Raja Bainunisa Safia binti Almarhum Raja Datuk Seri Ashman Shah (born 1995)
Raja Ashman died on 30 March 2012, due to an asthma attack. He was survived by his wife, parents, siblings, and children. He was buried at the Al-Ghufran Royal Mausoleum near Ubudiah Mosque, Kuala Kangsar.
Honours of Perak
- Member Second Class of the Azlanii Royal Family Order (DKA II) 
- Grand Knight of the Order of Cura Si Manja Kini (the Perak Sword of State, SPCM, 19.4.1988) with title Dato' Sri—current ribbon :
- New Strait Times, Raja Ashman Shah wearing DKA II
- Blazing trails in halls of Academia
- The Royal Ark, Perak, p.16
- "Raja Ashman Anakanda Sultan Perak Mangkat Akibat Asthma". BERNAMA (in Malay). 30 March 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- Raja Ashman Shah's death with decorations details of the members of the Perak succession