Raja Ashman Shah
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|Yang Teramat Mulia Sheikh Raja Ashman Shah|
|Father||Sultan Azlan Muhibbuddin Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Yusuff Izzuddin Shah|
|Mother||The Raja Permaisuri (Queen) of Perak Tuanku Bainun Binti Mohd. Ali , D.K. , D.M.N.|
December 28, 1958|
|Died||March 30, 2012
Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur
Sheikh Raja Dato' Seri Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Shah (28 December 1958 – 30 March 2012) was a member of the Perak Royal Family. Raja Dato' Seri Ashman was the son of Sultan Azlan Shah. He was the Raja Kechil Sulung of Perak which makes him the fourth heir to the throne of Perak Sultanate.
Raja Dato' Seri Ashman went to St. John Institution, Kuala Lumpur for high school. Raja Dato' Seri Ashman held a degree in Economics from the University of Nottingham, and a Master of Laws from Cambridge University; a Barrister from Lincoln's Inn, London, and a diploma in Business Law from University of London, England.
Raja Dato' Seri Ashman held a number of professional positions. These include as the Executive Director of Dreamland Holdings since 1990, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Haqqani Foundation Malaysia since 1994, Chairman of Dwitasik and Director of KKB Engineering Bhd.
His Highness also held an Ijazah (permission of investure) in the Naqshbandiya Haqqaniya Order of Sufism from Shaykh as-Sayyid Muhammad Nazim 'Adil al-Haqqani, Imam of the Naqshbandiya-Haqqaniya Order of Sufism. This entitled him with the title "Shaykh".Being the Representative (Kalifah)of Shaykh Nazim 'Adil al-Haqqani in Malaysia and Singapore.
Wedding and descent
He married  at Kuala Kangsar, on 26 September 1991, Y.A.Bhg. Datuk Sri Noraini Jane binti Tan Sri Kamar ul-Ariffin [Gina] (b. 1959), daughter of Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Kamar ul-Ariffin bin Muhammad Yassin, sometime Senator and Chair of the Board of Trustees National Art Gallery. They had one son and two daughters:
- Y.M. Raja Emina Aliyyah binti Raja Datuk Sri Ashman Shah (born 1992)
- Y.T.M. Raja Datuk Ahmad Nazim Azlan Shah bin Almarhum Dato' Seri Raja Ashman Shah, Raja Kechil Tengah. (born 1994). Granted the title of Raja Kechil Tengah 18 March 2010. DKA II (24.4.2010)
- Y.M. Raja Bainunisa Safia binti Raja Datuk Sri Ashman Shah. (born 1995)
Raja Ashman died on March 30, 2012, due to an asthma attack. He survived by his consort, Noraini Jane Kamarul Ariffin; his parents, his siblings and his children. He was buried at the Al-Ghufran Royal Mausoleum near Ubudiah Mosque, Kuala Kangsar.
Honours of Raja Ashman Shah
Honours of Perak
- Member Second Class of the Azlanii Royal Family Order (DKA II) 
- Grand Knight of the Order of Cura Si Manja Kini (the Perak Sword of State, SPCM, 19.4.1988) with title Dato' Sri—current ribbon :
Honours of Noraini Jane
Honours of Perak
- Member Second Class of the Azlanii Royal Family Order (DKA II)
- Grand Knight of the Order of Cura Si Manja Kini (the Perak Sword of State, SPCMS, 19.4.1992) with title Dato' Sri—current ribbon :
Honours of Raja Ahmad Nazim Azlan Shah
He has been awarded:
Honours of Perak
- Member Second Class of the Azlanii Royal Family Order (DKA II, 24.4.2010)
- Blazing trails in halls of Academia
- The Royal Ark, Perak, p.16
- "Raja Ashman Anakanda Sultan Perak Mangkat Akibat Asthma". BERNAMA (in Malay). 30 March 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- Raja Ashman Shah's death with decoretions details of the members of the Perak succession
- New Strait Times, Raja Ashman Shah wearing DKA II