Rajarhat New Town (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Rajarhat New Town|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|Lok Sabha constituency||17. Barasat|
|Electorate (year)||183,790 (2011)|
Rajarhat New Town (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is an assembly constituency in North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Up to 2011 there was one constituency, Rajarhat (SC), covering the area. From 2011 there are two constituencies – Rajarhat Gopalpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) and Rajarhat New Town (Vidhan Sabha constituency).
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 115 Rajarhat New Town (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Rajarhat community development block and Ward Nos. 1 to 6 and 10 to 13 of Rajarhat Gopalpur municipality.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Rajarhat New Town |
|Trinamool Congress||Sabyasachi Dutta||80,738||49.23||+1.83#|
|MUL||Md. Salim Makkar||1,474|
|Independent||Tapan Kumar Paul||1,159|
|Independent||Atin Kumar Roy||34|
|Trinamool Congress gain from CPI(M)||Swing||7.59#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||16|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Rabindranath Mandal of CPI(M) won the Rajarhat (SC) assembly seat defeating Tanmoy Mondal of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In 2001 Tanmoy Mondal of Trinamool Congress defeated Rabindranath Mandal of CPI(M). Prior to that Rabindranath Mondal had won the seat five times in a row defeating Tanmoy Mondal representing Congress in 1996, Sukumar Roy of Congress in 1991, Biswananda Naskar of Congress in 1987, Tanmoy Mondal of Congress in 1982 and Amalendu Sekhar Naskar of Congress in 1977. 
Khagendranath Mondal of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Rabindranath Mondal of CPI(M) won in 1969. S.N.Das of CPI(M) won in 1967. Pranab Prasad Roy of CPI(M) won in 1962. Prior to that the Rajarhat seat was not there.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha". Volume III Details For Assembly Segments Of Parliamentary Constituencies. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Rajarhat New Town". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Rajarhat New Town. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Rajarhat New Town. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "91 - Rajarhat (SC) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-15.