Rajat Barmecha at the premiere of The Forest
April 24, 1989
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Rajat Barmecha was born in Ladnun, Rajasthan, and grew up in Delhi. He did his schooling and higher education from Bal Bharati Public School, Brij Vihar, Delhi. His passion for acting has been since his childhood days. Though his father holds a business background, he supported Rajat to take up his dream. Rajat's elder brother Vicky Barmecha was supportive of his brother's dream and encouraged him.
His debut film Udaan follows 17 year old Rohan (played by Barmecha) who has been expelled from boarding school after being caught watching an adult film. He is forced to return home to an authoritarian father and a half-brother whose existence he had previously been unaware of. For his role in the film, he was nominated for a Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Male. He then made a cameo appearance in Shaitan. He will next star in the road movie Disco Valley with Manjot Singh (Vivaan Shah intended to be the other lead, but suddenly opted out in June 2012 to film Mastaan) .
Barmecha admits to bunking class with his friends, but their results "used to make them happy, as we always got good marks". He initially went to Mumbai to be a jewellery designer, but quit after a week or two. Barmecha is a Hindu and has described himself as "spiritual". His sister Ritu Barmecha is also an Actor and brother Vicky Barmecha is assisting Anurag Kashyap .
|2010||Udaan||Rohan||Award for Best Male Debut|
|2011||The Finish Line||Ayaan||Won a National Award(Short Film)|
|2012||Disco Valley||Dhruv||Post Production|
- Sharma, Garima (May 11, 2011). "It's weird when people stare: Rajat Barmecha". The Times of India. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- Dutta, Sauvik (26 April 2013). ""Udaan of Determination"-Rajat Barmecha at TEDx BITS-Pilani". Cool Age. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Rajat Barmecha plays a cameo in Shaitan". Indian Express. February 11, 2011.
- "Udaan star has 'babe' for buddy". India Today. March 28, 2012.
- Ghosh, Deboshree (23 August 2012). "Rajat Barmecha: I asked Anurag Kashyap about doing ‘Disco Valley’". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "I miss you Delhi: Rajat Barmecha". Jagran Post. 5 October 2012.