|Rajdhani College, New Delhi|
|Principal||Dr. Vijay Laxmi Pandit|
|Location||New Delhi, India
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Rajdhani College  (Hindi: राजधानी कॉलेज) is a constituent College of the University of Delhi. It was established in 1964 by the Delhi Administration under the name of Government College. The College acquired its new name when the Delhi Administration vested its governance in an autonomous governing body.
The College is situated on Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), near the posh area of Rajouri Garden and Raja Garden in west Delhi. Its new building was constructed in 1976-77. The College complex has an air conditioned seminar room, an auditorium, a library, laboratories, and playgrounds for cricket, football, hockey, tennis, basketball, and volleyball.
The College is a pioneer coeducational institution and imparts teaching in Undergraduate Courses - Honours in Arts, Commerce and Science and Pass Course in Arts and Science. The College also has Post-Graduate Courses in English, Hindi, History and Commerce.
About New Delhi
As the national capital, New Delhi is the seat of executive, legislative, and judiciary branches of the Government of India. It also serves as the centre of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. New Delhi is situated within the metropolis of Delhi and is one of the nine districts of Delhi Union Territory.
- Delhi is a semi-desert state with great extremes of climate. June, at the time of admission, is the height of summer and temperatures can soar up to 48 degree Celsius. So, for candidates from more salubrious climates, it is important to be mentally and physically prepared for the heat, mainly because the process of admission may require long hours of being in the open. Therefore, suitable clothing and constant hydration is a must.
The University has two campuses in the northern and southern part of the city. Rajdhani College is situated on Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), in West Delhi, near the posh area of Rajouri Garden and Raja Garden.
- For a newcomer, auto-rickshaws are the most effective means of transport, though they are slightly expensive.
- An extremely efficient Metro system connects Rajouri Garden and Ramesh Nagar on Delhi Metro Blue Line with Eastern, Central, and Western parts of the Delhi. 2 new Metro stations, Rajouri Garden and ESI Hospital, are under-construction on upcoming Delhi Metro Magenta Line, connecting Northern, and Southern parts of the Delhi.
- Buses are economical and go everywhere; However, one needs at least a month to figure out routes. Once the session starts at various colleges, dedicated Delhi Transport Corporation buses ferry students from various parts of Delhi to the campuses.
Faculties and Departments
Rajdhani College offers courses in a wide variety of subjects and concentrations. The depth and breadth of the syllabus are very vast, extending well beyond course offerings to many other special programs and research opportunities.The Honours programmes offered by the varsity for a wide spectrum of subjects are highly sought after by students from all over the country:
- B.Com (Hons.)
- B.A. (Hons.) English
- B.A. (Hons.) Hindi
- B.A. (Hons.) Sanskrit
- B.A. (Hons.) History
- B.A. (Hons.) Political Science
- B.A. (Hons.) Economics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Electronics
- B.A. Programme
- B.Sc. Programme in Physical Sciences
- B.Sc. Programme in Applied Physical Sciences
At Post Graduate level, Rajdhani College offers courses in English, Hindi, History and Commerce.
The Library has web activity and a subscription to 29 electronic databases. In addition to this 20 more databases are also accessible through UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium. The Library also promotes Open Access e-resources.
- Ashish Nehra, Cricketer
- Education in Delhi
- List of colleges under Delhi University
- List of alumni of the University of Delhi
- Educational Institutions in Delhi
- Delhi University Community Radio