Rajeev Masand (born 1979) is an Indian film critic and entertainment reporter for NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh based English language news-channel CNN-Indian Broadcasting Network (CNN-IBN). He usually reviews Hindi-language films (Bollywood) and major American films released in India in his weekend show "Now Showing".
A graduate from Mumbai University, Masand started reporting at the age of 16 at The Times of India newspaper. He later became Assistant Editor at The Indian Express. In January 2003, he joined STAR News as a Special Correspondent and as the host of Masand ki Pasand. In 2005, Masand moved to CNN-IBN where he is currently the film critic (Now Showing) and runs an ongoing video reviews series on CNN-IBN website, Masand's Verdict. He also became the host CNN-IBN's entertainment series, To Catch a Star.
|Year||Film||Language||Rating||Review||Actual Box Office|
|2008||Race 2||Hindi||Its only ambition is to offer a good time and mostly succeeds as well.||Super Hit|
|2010||Dabangg||Hindi||This is ordinary,at best average. Blame it on the disjointed screenplay||Blockbuster|
|2011||F.A.L.T.||Hindi||Getting a root canal is less painful||Hit|
|2012||Housefull 2||Hindi||This is for four-year-olds who don’t know any better||Super Hit|
|2013||Zanjeer||Hindi||This isn't just a bad film, it's a shameless exercise in laziness.||Flop|
|2013||Dhoom 3||Hindi||Let down by a convenient script and sloppily scripted sandwich of hammy acting and cheesy dialogue||Blockbuster|
|2013||Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela||Hindi||This far more engaging than the lazy blockbusters we've seen lately.||Super Hit|
- "Rajeev Masand Introduction". STAR News. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Film Reviews: Masand's Verdict". ibnlive.com. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "CNN-IBN lines up various specials to bied adieu to 2006". IndianTelevision.com. 2008-12-30. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- "CNN-IBN to launch third season of To Catch a Star". IndianTelevision.com. 2008-08-20. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- Masand, Rajeev. "Rajeev Masand review". Ibnlive. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- Rajeev Masand (13 September 2010). "Masand: 'Dabangg' is ordinary, at best average". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- Masand, Rajveev. "Housefull 2: CNN IBN Review". IBNLive. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Masand Verdict: Zanjeer".
- Masand, Rajeev. "'Dhoom 3' review: The film is a sloppily scripted sandwich of hammy acting". IBNLive.
- Rajeev Masand. "'Ram Leela' review: The film is a passionate celebration of love". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
|This article about an Indian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|