||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (May 2013)|
|Known for||CEO, Nokia Siemens Networks|
Rajeev Suri (born 1967) is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Nokia Siemens Networks since October 1, 2009. Before being appointed the CEO, he headed the Services Division of Nokia Siemens Networks from August 2007 until September 2009 from India, and this division now contributes about half the company's revenues.
Rajeev was born in India to Yashpal and Asha Suri, but raised in Kuwait for a major part of his life. He did his Engineering degree from Manipal Institute in Electronics and Telecommunications, class of 1989. He met his wife, Nina, while he was working at ICIM (ICL company) in Delhi where they were colleagues and got married in 1992 in Delhi. He has lived in 7 countries including India, Kuwait, Finland, UK, Nigeria, Germany and Singapore.
Rajeev is a fitness enthusiast and spends considerable time in the gym in his free time.
In 1995, Suri joined the Nokia group. Suri was instrumental in driving the Nokia Siemens Networks’ Services business unit's revenue in the company to grow from less than a third to about half. Suri motivated the Company to create a new Services hub in India. Before heading Services, Suri headed the Asia Pacific operations from April 2007 till November 2007. From 1995 to March 2007, Suri worked on a number of assignments at Nokia Networks in Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Strategy from India, Finland, the United Kingdom and Singapore.
Job cuts and Turn Around 
Rajeev took over as the CEO in October 2009 and has been responsible to revive the company manifold. http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=219509
On November 23, 2011, Suri announced that the company planned to eliminate 17,000 jobs by the end of 2013 to enable Nokia Siemens to refocus on mobile broadband equipment, the fastest-growing segment of the market. The reductions will slash the company’s work force by 23 percent from its current level of 74,000. The cuts follow Nokia Siemens’s $1.2 billion purchase of Motorola’s mobile network equipment business in July 2010, which added staff; and would help the company trim annual operating expenses by $1.35 billion by the end of 2013.
- "Nokia Siemens Networks appoints Rajeev Suri CEO". Wall Street Journal. Sept 1, 2009. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Rajeev Suri named Nokia Siemens CEO". Live Mint. Sep 1, 2009. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "We are number 1 gearmaker in India: Rajeev Suri, CEO, Nokia Siemens Networks". Economic Times. May 18, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Philip, Joji Thomas (Oct 5, 2010). "Turnaround has resulted in PE interest: Rajeev Suri, CEO, Nokia Siemens". Economic Times. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Rajeev Suri". Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek - Rajeev Suri". Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Chief Executive Officer". Nokia Siemens Networks. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Rajeev Suri appointed Chief Executive Officer of Nokia Siemens Networks; Simon Beresford-Wylie to step down after successfully leading the company's integration". Nokia Siemens Networks. September 1, 2009. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- O’BRIEN, KEVIN J. (November 23, 2011). "Nokia Siemens to Cut 23 Percent of Work Force". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
"An interview with Rajeev Suri, CEO, Nokia Siemens Networks". Economic Times. May 18, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-24.