|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Elevation||479 m (1,572 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Hisar, Bhiwani, Rewari (Haryana); Sikar, Pilani (Rajasthan)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Churu|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sadulpur|
Rajgarh (Rajasthani: राजगढ़ ) is a town and tehsil in the Churu district of northern part of Rajasthan state in India.The railway station in Rajgarh is known as Sadulpur.To distinguish Rajgarh from places with similar names,Sadulpur has become a synonym of city's name in recent times. It is close to the Haryana border. Sadulpur railway junction lies on Bikaner-Churu-Delhi and Churu-Hisar railway routes.
As of the 2001 Indian census[update], Rajgarh town had a population of 48,057. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Rajgarh has an average literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national average of 59.5%.
Rajgarh or Sadulpur is a town and tahsil in Churu district in Rajasthan. It was part of Jangladesh where Poonia Jats had ruled. It was founded by Poonia gotra jats. Rajgarh is the birthplace of Lakshmi Niwas Mittal, of Arcelor Mittal and Bimal Jalan, an economist and former Governor of Reserve Bank of India. There is an equal population of Hindus and Muslims in the city.the Great fort was built in 1766 by maharja Gaj singh bahadur on name of his son Raj singh ji bahadur of Bikaner. Most of Muslims were migrated from Narhar during construction of Fort.It was supervised by them, they had fought war with local tribes and defeated them .Local tribes were not in favor of construction of fort. Bikaner ruler was very happy with this brave victory .
Rajgarh is located at Sadulpur railway station has elevation of 239 metres (784 ft)..
The region has record temperatures ranging from below freezing point in the winter to over 50 °C in summer. The District of Churu is also the hottest zone in the country.
Rajgarh is connected to Bikaner, Jaipur, Delhi and other cities by road. It is about 240 km from Delhi by NH-10 via Rohtak, Hisar (170 km), then needs to take NH-65 on Hisar-Jodhpur Road (70 km). Shorter route from Delhi is via Rohtak, Bhiwani, Bahal (around 210 km). The National Highway No-65 passing through Rajgarh via Dokwa, Dudhwa Khara, Churu, Fatehpur, Salasar etc. A bypass road attaches to NH65 to Taranagar, Bhadra, Hisar road. The National Highway No-709 Ext. also ending at Rajgarh.
Rajgarh is situated on the main Delhi-Bikaner, Hisar-Jodhpur and Sriganganagar-Jaipur rail link. The railway junction of Rajgarh town is known as Sadulpur named after Maharaja Sadul Singh of Bikaner. It takes around 3–4 hours from Delhi (en route you would cross major stations like Gurgaon, Rewari, Mahendragarh, Loharu). Till 2011 the route had metre gauge track that was converted to 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) broad gauge. Several new trains now connect Rajgarh and Sadulpur to major cities Delhi, Bikaner, Jaipur, Lucknow, Degana, Sri Ganganagar, Hisar, Hanumangarh and Pathankot.
Member of Parliament: rahul Kaswan
- member of legislative assembly is Manoj Singh Nyangali ( BSP )
- Panchayat Samithi: The Pradhan is Bimla Poonia (indian national congress) wife of Ex. MLA Nandlal Poonia.
- Jila Parmukh:Koshalya Devi(indian national congress) wife of Ex. MLA Inder Singh Poonia.
- ex.mla is Smt. Kamala Kaswan (BJP)
- Late Sh.Shish Ram Poonia was famous MLA in M.L.Sukhadia's era.
- J.N.S.Poonia MLA Taranagar and Ex Minister belongs to Rajgarh.
- Late Sh Kumbha Ram Arya was first MLA of Rajgarh.
The town has a market (mandi) for commodity trading. Trading of commodity products is always a hot business for the locals in the small town.
Schools and Colleges
- Mohta Public School
- Mohta P.G. Collage
- R.S. Memorial Senior Secondary School.
- Geeta devi saravgi Public School.
- Govt. Senior Secondary School.
- Tolla Girls Collage.
- Govt. Senior Secondary Girls School.
- Lords International School.
- Idial Public School.
- Sarvodya Public School
- AVM Public School.
- Rajasthan Public School.
- Sarvodaya public School
The following banks have branches and ATMs in town:
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur(SBBJ)
- HDFC Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- The Churu co-operative bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- [(oriental bank of commerce with atm)](obc)
- Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Dadrewa, birthplace of Gogaji
- Pilani, a nearby town, birthplace of industrialist Ghanshyam Das Birla and home to prestigious Birla Institute of Technology and Science, pilani and CERI(central electronics reasach institute)govt. of india.
- Peer Aana Falsa, visiting place of Muslim Peer
- Village Nawa is famous for Baba Phool Nath Temple.
- Lakshmi Mittal, Steel tycoon born in tehsil Sadulpur (Rajgarh) of Churu district.
- Bimal Jalan, A former Governor of India's Reserve Bank and Rajya Sabha member.
- Anupam Mittal, founder of www.shaddi.com is also from rajgarh.
- Krishna Poonia, A Commonwealth Games gold medalist and renowned athlete.
- Late Sh. M.K.Mohta founder of Mohta Institutions
- Devender jhajharia para Olympic gold medallist
- mukesh saharan 108 pilot
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Rajgarh
- choudhary collage& school