|Elevation||645 m (2,116 ft)|
|• Total||about 30,000|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, (Khed) had a population of 17,636. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Rajgurunagar (Khed) has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 74%. In Rajgurunagar (Khed), 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Rajgurunagar (Khed) is also the birth place of Hutatma Shivaram Rajguru(A Freedom fighter).
Shiroli Chandus village, 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) north of Chakan and very near to Rajgurunagar, has been identified as a probable site for the proposed New Pune International airport.
- Mahatma Gandhi Vidyalaya, Rajgurunagar
- Sheth Kesharchand Parakh Prathmic Vidyalaya
- Little Champs English Medium School
- Z P School, Tinhewadi NO.1/2
- Trimurti Vidyalaya, Tinhewadi.
- Prangan Nursery School
- Gurukul College Of Technology, Rajgurunagar
- ERA Kids(aiera.in/erakids/), Pabal Road, Rajgurunagar
- Pius Memorial School, Waki
- Priyadarshani School, Waki
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- ET Bureau (28 April 2010). "Bharat Forge plans to start marketing Khed SEZ". The Economic Times (India).
- Biswas, Partha Sarathi (24 January 2013). "New industrial policy unlikely to increase housing stock". The Indian Express.
- "Khed City Official Site".
|This article about a location in Pune district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|