||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2012)|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Principal||Mrs. D S Srivasatava|
|Grades||Nursery - 12|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education|
1982 was the beginning of Rajhans with its kindergarten with classes up to XII (Science and Commerce streams) under the guidance of Principal Mrs. D. S. Srivastava. The school was affiliated to the CBSE in 1994. In 1996 the first batch of students passed out at AISCE (X std). The school received its affiliation for XII std in 1998. The first batch of XII students passed out at AISSCE in 1999.
The school has classes for pre-primary (Balvatika) and Class I to Class XII, with three divisions to accommodate 40 students each. The Senior Secondary Division of the school consists of students who opt for Science (both pure and applied) and Commerce. Many of these students also aspire for IITJEE, AIEEE and national level competitive exams.
Rajhans Vidyalaya, affiliated to the CBSE board system, is located in the heart of Andheri (West), Mumbai; adjacent to Bhavan's College campus. It is English medium, running through pre-primary to senior secondary.
- 1 Facilities
- 2 Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- 3 Timings
- 4 History
- 5 Management
- 6 Staff
- 7 Evaluation procedure
- 8 Activities
- 9 Special features
- 10 Admissions
- 11 Teachers-parents partnership
- 12 Notable alumni
- 13 References
- 14 External links
- Buildings for preprimary, primary, secondary and senior secondary school
- Football ground, tennis academy and cricket ground
- Two Mess halls
- Theatre hall (auditorium)
- Gymnasium hall
- Two Computer halls
- Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Electronics Laboratories
- Yoga hall
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- School buses with service to Juhu, Santacruz and Kandivali
Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- CBSE Level science exhibitions and competitions
- Olympiads in Science, Mathematics, Astrophysics, Cyberspace and Homi Bhabha Scholarships
- Science and Mathematics talent search
- Kishore Vaigyanic Protsahan Yojna scholarship
- Performing art competitions and knowledge quizzes
- Annual art and craft exhibitions and competitions
- Rashtrabhasha Hindi and Sanskrit training
- Annual exhibitions, annual magazine, annual sports, annual day events
- Interhouse sports and cultural competitions
- Full-time counselor and dietician and a part-time physician
- Higher order thinking skills development
- Educational field trips and picnic excursions.
Pre-primary section is known as Rajhans Balvatika and has a separate campus.
Timings for class I to class XII are :
- 07.45hrs to 14.15hrs Monday to Friday (with two breaks for snacks and lunch)
- 07.45hrs to 10.35hrs Saturday (optional, extra arts, craft, sports activity classes)
The school owes its existence to a philanthropist Seth Hansraj Morarji and his wife Bai Kabibai alias Hiravahu. Shri Hansraj Morarji came to Mumbai from his native village in Gujarat. When he died he bequeathed money and property to his wife Bai Kabibai. As the couple had no offspring, Bai Kabibai formed a trust with the money and the property bequeathed. The trust was formed in 1930 in which it was stipulated that it would run a public school Hansraj Morarji Public School, another school in the residence in the Fort area, some dispensaries and dharamshalas and one sadavrat.
The public school materialized in 1939 when Dr. K.M. Munshi, the then Home Ministry of Bombay (as Maharashtra State was then known) and chairman of Bai Kabibai and Hansraj Morarji Charity Trust, secured for the school a large plot of land measuring about 120 acres (0.49 km2) at Andheri. It is in this school campus that Rajhans Vidyalaya functions.
The school is run by the trustees of Bai Kabibai and Hansraj Morarji Charity Trust. The school is unaided and is run exclusively from the fees paid by the students.
- Shri Dilip D Udeshi
- Shri Jaisingh Vithaldas
- Shri Vijaysingh Ved
- Shri Jaisingh Thakkar
- Shri S.A. Merchant
- Shri Deepak V. Ved
Vidya Vinayen Shobhate :विद्या विनयेन शोभते, "Modesty adorns Knowledge".
The school has four houses - Blue, Red, Green and Yellow.
- Blue - Tulsidas
- Red - Gyaneshwar
- Green - Kalidas
- Yellow - Kabir
- Principal: Mrs. Deepshikha Srivastava
- Administrator: Captain B.C. Kumavat
- Head Senior Secondary: Mrs. Uma Unni
- Head Secondary: Mrs. Sharan Amde
- Head Primary: Mrs. Anubha Deb
- Head Preprimary: Mrs. Babita
- Head Office: Mrs. T.A. Dholakia
Sports and games
Rajhans Vidyalya reached the Giles Shield Quarter final in 2010/2011 under the captaincy of Yash Thanawala and some match winning performance by Sagnik Banerjee and Ritvik Kashyap . It received a bronze medal in MSSA (Mumbai Sports School Association) Football Tournament under the Manager/Coach Manoj Nair and was led by Mohit Shetty in 2010. The school were runner-ups in baseball at district level (DSO) in 2010, and reached the quarter-finals in basketball at district level (DSO) in 2010.
Mess Hall building
The school has a mess providing vegetarian lunches to students of Std 1 and above. Milk and snacks are served during the short recess. Preprimary students are served snacks and milk in BaiKabibai Balvatika itself. On some days Chole, Puri, Bread, or Khichdi is served. At snacks time, the common things are Idli Chutney and Sambar, Samosa with sauce, Upma, Poha, Missal with Rassa, Methi Vada and Maggi.
Students get Vada Pav on occasion and sometimes at the time of hobby classes held on Saturday. Ayaksha Wellness clinic is available to give nutrition advice.
- Informal : Class I - IV
- Formal : Class V - XII
- Four informal assessments are held in an academic year so that primary children are not burdened with the thought of tests and examinations. These assessments are graded A1, A, B1, B, C1, C, D1, D, E1, E2
- In the secondary school, formal tests and examinations are held in all the subjects, since the students have to be prepared to face the Board. Two Summative assessments and four Formative assessments are conducted in an academic year.
- Every child is prepared to face the needs of the CBSE syllabus, NCERT curriculum and national level competitive courses.
The primary holds activities such as poetry recitation, elocution (both in English and Hindi), storytelling, fancy dress and folk dance.
To improve the child's general awareness and knowledge, quiz competitions in Science, Maths and General Knowledge are held. Hobby classes are also conducted.
In the Secondary and Senior Secondary, activities include debates, elocutions, extempore, poetry-writing, Surakiya lekhan, essay-writing, story-writing and "What's the Good Word" are conducted in English and in Hindi.
A written and oral quiz is conducted for the seniors. Class concerts are held for the primary section where all children participate.
Children are introduced to computers as early as possible. The school organises cultural, co-curricular and extracurricular activities. The school has four houses : Gyaneshwar, Kabir, Kalidas and Tulsidas.
A Prefectorial system develops leadership skills.
Normally the class strength is 42 and there are three sections in each standard. Preference is given to students residing in adjoining areas of Mumbai code 400058,400053 and 400049 and siblings. Preprimary students get admitted in Bai Kabibai Balvatika.
Teachers and parents have formed "Rajhans Parents Teachers Association "RAPTA/APT". It organises Dandiya Festival, Anand Mela Fun Fair Festival, annual parents get-together dinner and Annual General Meetings. It coordinates Disaster Management Cells, Kavi Sammelan, Bhajan Sandhya etc. It has formed subcommittees and take up matters related to :
- Bus and transport
- Uniform and discipline
- Education and curriculum
- Diet and nutrition
- Cultural celebration
- Shahid Kapoor Bollywood film star