Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology|
|Location||Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Campus||Rural, 125 acres (510,000 m2)|
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), in Jais, Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh, India, is a training and education institute that gives technical and management training to the petroleum industry and was formally opened on July 2008. It has been accorded the Institute of National Importance status and admits undergraduate students from the rank list of students who have qualified JEE Advanced Examination.
- Besides main center at Raebareli, the RGIPT also have campuses at NOIDA in Uttar Pradesh.
- Sivasagar in Assam which is under construction. In consonance with the charter of RGIPT, the primary objective of the Assam Center of RGIPT is envisaged to offer programmes of education and training of skilled technical manpower at the diploma and advance diploma levels including B.Sc - M.Sc integrated courses in various areas in the domain of the petroleum sector as per requirements of the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
- In July 2013, Karnataka government agreed to offer 200 acres of land to set up the Bangalore centre which is going to be the Asia's first centre on fire and safety for oil and gas sector.
- The institute admits undergraduate students from the rank list of qualified students in the prestigious IIT JEE Advanced Examination and post-graduate through GATE.
- For MBA, institute admits candidates from qualification in either of the three examinations, CAT or XAT or GMAT.
RGIPT offers courses in engineering, pure sciences, management and humanities with a focus on petroleum engineering. The programs and courses offered at RGIPT are changing as the school evolving into a full-fledged petroleum engineering university. Admission to the courses of B.Tech is done from candidates appearing for JEE Advanced Examination. Admission to the M.Tech courses are done either through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Admissions to the MBA program is done through the Common Admission Test (CAT). Admission to the M.Sc.Tech. and PhD courses are done through examinations conducted by the institute.
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||Chemical Engineering,Petroleum Engineering.|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech)||Chemical Engineering,Petroleum Engineering.|
|Master of Business Administration||MBA in Petroleum & Energy management.|
|B.Sc-M.Sc Integrated Course||Chemical and Petroleum. (To be started in Sivasagar capmus)|
|PhD||All engineering disciplines, interdisciplinary areas, science disciplines and the humanities.|
RGIPT has the following departments:
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Geology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of English
- Department of Mathematics
RGIPT has academic collaboration with the many universities in India and abroad. Some of the major universities which have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and share research projects with RGIPT are as follows:
- Texas A&M University, USA
- Kun Shan University, Taiwan
- Chonnam National University, South Korea
- Lund University, Sweden
- Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan
- Louisiana State University, USA
- National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- University of Houston, USA
- Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- Jul 04 2007: the Union Cabinet approved the setting up of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology at Jais in Rai Bareli District of UP.
- Nov 29 2007: the Rajya Sabha passed the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) Bill 2007.
- Dec 3 2007: the Lok Sabha passed the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) Bill 2007.
- 2008 – 2009: start of academic session.
- 2011: Former Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh laid the foundations of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (Assam centre).
- 2012: First B.Tech batch passes out.
- 2013: Bangalore centre gets approved.
- 2014: Veerappa Moily, former Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas inaugurates Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology at Kambalipura Village, Hoskote Taluk, Bangalore Rural District.
- Institute of National Importance
- List of autonomous higher education institutes in India
- Joint Entrance Examination
- Oil Industry Development Board
- Education in India
- [dead link]
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: President's message". Rgipt.ac.in. 2007-12-20. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: Admissions". Rgipt.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: MBA admissions". Rgipt.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: Academic departments". Rgipt.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- Rajya Sabha Passes Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Bill 2007 India4u News Online
- Lok Sabha passes Rajiv Gandhi institute of petroleum technology bill
- PIB Press Release
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute to cost Rs 861 crore". Projectsmonitor.com. 2006-11-13. Retrieved 2012-12-06.