Rajiv Pratap Rudy
|Rajiv Pratap Rudy|
|Member of Bihar Legislative Assembly|
|Member of 11th Lok Sabha|
15 May 1996 – 4 December 1997
|Member of 13th Lok Sabha|
10 October 1999
30 March 1962 |
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party (1984–present)|
|Alma mater||Panjab University|
Rajiv Pratap Rudy (born on March 30, 1962) is a Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha from Bihar, India. He is a General Secretary of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He holds a Commercial Pilot’s License with the specialization to fly the A-320 from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)-approved SimCenter in Miami, Florida.He is a member of BJP and RSS.
He was elected in 1990 as an Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly. He was elected to the Lok Sabha - the lower house of the Parliament of India - as a candidate of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1996. He was re–elected for a second term of Lok Sabha in 1999. He served as the Minister of State for Commerce, Trade & Industry and subsequently became Civil Aviation Minister with independent charge in the National Democratic Alliance government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
He has had involvement with the youth wing of the BJP and has held the post of National Vice President of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha. He is also a Member of the BJP National Executive and is a General Secretary of the BJP. He was re-elected to Rajya Sabha from Bihar in 2010.
He is married to Neelam Pratap and has two daughters.
- Community Warriors: State, Peasants and Caste Armies in Bihar
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (March 2013)|
- Rudy takes flight as an A320 pilot
- Co-Pilot Rajiv Pratap Rudy reporting for duty - Indian Express
- His 2004 election contest with Laloo Prasad Yadav - an article dated April 17, 2004
- Interview dated April 30, 2004 about repoll in Chhapra (2004)
- His address to the Second India-EU Business Summit (November 2001, New Delhi) as commerce minister on website of FICCI
- His speech at the International Convention on Special Economic Zone, March 2002, New Delhi as Minister of State for Commerce, India on FICCI website
- His photographs at FICCI seminar on 'Growth Through Partnership - Doing Business with East Europe' December 11, 2002, New Delhi
- His address at the above mentioned seminar as minister of state for commerce, India
- His speech at 'Interactive Meeting with Mr George Yeo, Hon'ble Minister for Trade & Industry, Singapore', November 26, 2002, New Delhi at FICCI website
- His photographs at above mentioned meeting on FICCI website
- His speech at 'India-Latin America Health Summit', September 18-21, 2002, New Delhi as Minister of State for Commerce, India on FICCI website
- Maoism is worst threat facing Nation