Raksha Shakti University
Raksha Shakti University (RSU) is a police science university set up by the government of Gujarat state, India. RSU conducts certificate, diploma and degree courses in the fields of public science and internal security.
K.D.Suthar, the then Under Secretary, Home Department, government of Gujarat in Gandhinagar, consulted with the IPS office to frame the enactment for the Raksha Shakti University. The state government established Raksha Shakti University for preparing youths of the State for meeting the requirement of the security forces.
The university will conduct degree, diploma and "in service" courses. RSU will undertake teaching pertaining to internal security, terrorism, organized crimes, cyber crimes, economic offenses and crimes related to juveniles. RSU will undertake research work in the fields of police administration and security management.
- Diploma in Police Science
- Computer course on Police Applications
- Postgraduate diploma in Police Science
- Board of Governors;
- Academic Council;
- Finance Committee.
- Director General,
- Deputy Director General,
- Director of Research and Development,
Raksha Shakti University campus is under construction near Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat state. Over 232 acres of landscaped area near Lawad on the Gandhinagar-Himmatnagar highway has been selected for the education buildings.
At present the university is functioning at an old SPIPA building near Meghaninagar (Ahmedabad).
- Computer Lab
- Transport for Students
- "Raksha Shakti University". Website. Raksha Shakti University. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Raksha Shakti University Act, 2009". Act. Govt. of Gujarat. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Courses at Raksha Shakti University". Courses. Raksha Shakti University. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Raksha Shakti University". Website. Retrieved 7 September 2011.