|Title(s)||The Unlooked For|
|Alignment||Chaotic neutral (chaotic evil tendencies)|
|Portfolio||Chance, Ill Luck, Misfortune, Insanity|
|Domains||Chaos, Destruction, Luck|
In the World of Greyhawk campaign setting for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, Ralishaz is the god of Chance, Ill Luck, Misfortune, and Insanity. His holy symbol is composed of three sticks of bone.
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition (1977-1988)
Ralishaz was first detailed for the Dungeons & Dragons game in "The Deities and Demigods of the World of Greyhawk" by Gary Gygax in Dragon #71 (1983). Ralishaz was subsequently detailed in the World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting (1983), and in Greyhawk Adventures (1988).
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition (1989-1999)
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 edition (2000-2002)
Ralishaz's appearance constantly shifts and changes, one moment beautiful the next hideous, one moment male the next female, or any other such combination of opposites.
Ralishaz shuns the other gods, although he doesn't appear to harbor any particular hatred for any one of them.
Ralishaz's realm is located in Limbo and is called the Kiss of Luck.
Ralishaz teaches that Order does not exist, only Random Chance exist. Ralishaz teaches that insane people are the ones who are most in tune with the true nature of the universe.
Ralishaz's clerics tend to display both fatalism and stoicism, mixed with recklessness and wild endeavor. They see little point in being kind to anyone, since the person will eventually be cursed with bad luck.
Worship services to Ralishaz include playing semi-random notes on musical instruments, babbling paeans, casting augury spells, and wild interplays of complete opposites; light and darkness, heat and cold, noise and quiet.
- Gygax, Gary. "The Deities and Demigods of the World of Greyhawk." Dragon #71 (TSR, 1983)
- Gygax, Gary. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting (TSR, 1983)
- Ward, James M. Greyhawk Adventures (TSR, 1988)
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes (TSR, 1992)
- McComb, Colin. On Hallowed Ground (TSR, 1996)
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Brown, Anne. Player's Guide to Greyhawk (TSR, 1998).
- Conforti, Steven, ed. Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities for Use in the Campaign, version 2.0. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2005. Available online: 
- Findley, Nigel. Greyspace. (TSR, 1992).
- Gygax, Gary, and Frank Mentzer. The Temple of Elemental Evil (TSR, 1985).
- Living Greyhawk Journal no. 3 - "Gods of Oerth"