24 March 1894|
|Died||3 February 1970
Los Angeles, California
|Occupation||Special effects designer
Ralph Hammeras (24 March 1894 – 3 February 1970) was an American special effects designer, cinematographer and art director. He was nominated for three Academy Awards. He created a large-scale miniature of the city of London for the film The Sky Hawk, he also created special mechanical effects for it.
- 1929: Nominated for an Academy Award for Engineering Effects.
- 1931: Just Imagine - Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Art Direction.
- 1949: Deep Waters - Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects.
- "Ralph Hammeras". galeon.com. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "The 1st Academy Awards (1929) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "NY Times: Just Imagine". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "NY Times: Deep Waters". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
|This article about an American art director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American cinematographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|