The Reverend Dr. Ralph Waller (born 11 December 1945) is Principal of Harris Manchester College, Oxford and Director of the Farmington Institute for Christian Studies. He currently serves as a Pro-Vice Chancellor of the University of Oxford.
Ralph Waller was born in Lincolnshire and educated at the University of London (BD) and the University of Nottingham (MTh) and completed a PhD at King's College London with a thesis entitled James Martineau: his emergence as a theologian, his christology and his doctrine of the Church, with some unpublished papers (1987). He is a Master of Arts of the University of Oxford. He is an ordained minister in the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
- Ralph Waller and Benedicta Ward, eds, An introduction to Christian spirituality (London: SPCK, 1999)
- Benedicta Ward and Ralph Waller, eds, Joy of heaven: springs of Christian spirituality (London: SPCK, 2003)
- Ralph Waller, John Wesley: a personal portrait (London: SPCK, 2003)
- Ralph Waller, James Martineau revisited (Oxford: Farmington Institute for Christian Studies, 2004)
Sources and further information
- Harris Manchester College, Oxford
- Senate House Library
- University Sermon: John Wesley
- Oxford Blueprint
- Hartwick College Annual Honors Convocation