From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ram (disambiguation))
Ram, ram, or RAM may refer to:
When used as a word (not as an initialism)
- Battering ram, a type of siege engine designed to break open walls of fortifications or splinter wooden gates
- Ramming, a naval tactic in which one vehicle runs into another
- Naval ram, a weapon affixed to the bows of some warships until the late 19th century
- Ram tank, a Canadian tank of World War II
- Ram (rocket), an American anti-tank weapon of the Korean War
- RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile, a short-range surface-to-air missile
- RAM (80's-90's Melodic Glam-Pop-Rock Band), 1992 CD 'RELEASE THE BEAST' Title cut also found in film
'THE FINEST HOUR' starring Rob Lowe & Tracey Griffith (Melanie Griffith's sister)
- RAM (band), a mizik rasin band based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Ram (album), a 1971 UK #1 album by Paul and Linda McCartney
- Ram Jam (band), a rock band from the 1970s with the hit song "Black Betty"
- RAM Magazine, an important and influential Australian music magazine (1975 - 1989)
- Ram Records, an English drum and bass record label
- Ram Trilogy, a drum and bass producer and DJ trio, consisting of Andy C, Shimon and Ant Miles
- Random Access Memories, a 2013 album by Daft Punk.
- Dewsbury Rams, a Rugby League team from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- RAM Racing, a Formula One racing team active between 1976 and 1985
- Derby County F.C., an English football club known as the Rams
- St. Louis Rams, the National Football League team from St. Louis, Missouri, United States
- Fordham Rams, the sports teams of Fordham University in New York City, New York, United States
- Framingham State University, the sports teams of Framingham State University in Framingham, Massachusetts
- Colorado State Rams, the sports teams of Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
- Rhode Island Rams, the sports teams of the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, Rhode Island, United States
- Virginia Commonwealth University Rams, the sports teams of Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, United States
- Shepherd University, the sports teams of Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, United States
- West Chester University Golden Rams, the sports team of West Chester University located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Rama, avatar (incarnation) of Vishnu
- Ram, a common Hindu name for males, originating from Hindu Avatar (incarnation of God) Rama
- Ram Bahadur Bomjon, Nepalese teenager televised meditating for days without moving
- Ram (Biblical figure)
- Ram Karmi (born 1931), Israeli architect
- Ram Narayan, Indian sarangi player
- Ramnaresh Sarwan, West Indian cricketer
- Andy Ram (born 1980), Israeli tennis player
- Ram (director), director of films such as Kattradhu Thamizh and Thanga Meengal
- Rama (disambiguation) for other people named Ram (spelled also as Rama)
- Ram Pothineni, Indian film actor, who mainly works in Tollywood
- Ram Charan Teja, Indian film actor, who mainly works in Tollywood
- Raja Ram, Australian-born musician and the owner of the United Kingdom record label Tip World.
Science and technology
- Ram pressure
- Hydraulic ram, a type of water-powered cyclic pump
- ram, a hydraulic rescue tool used to extract victims of a car collision from the vehicle
- Ram, Serbia, a settlement in the municipality of Veliko Gradište, in the Braničevo District of Serbia.
- Ram Fortress, fortress in Serbia
- Ramjet, a type of jet engine particularly suitable for supersonic speeds
- Ram Trucks, a United States-based brand of light pick-up trucks since 2009, formerly known as the Dodge Truck Division of Chrysler Corp.
- Dodge Ram, a full-size pickup truck of the earlier Dodge brand that is now part of Ram Trucks
- Aries (astrology), symbolized as a ram
- Aries (constellation), symbolized as a ram
- Ram (company), a Japanese visual novel studio
- Ram Mounts, a modular range of products to mount, hold and stabilize devices, and the trading name of the company which makes them
- Ram (comics), a fictional Japanese superhero published by DC Comics
- Ram, a fictional character from The Tribe television series
- Richard Allen Mob, an underworld organization operating out of the Richard Allen Homes public housing site in Philadelphia
- An intact male sheep
When used as an abbreviation or acronym
- Royal Arch Masonry, the first Masonic body a Master Mason can join as a part of the York Rite.
- Rassemblement pour l'action municipale, a municipal political party in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada
- Reform the Armed Forces Movement, a rightist military faction of the Armed Forces of the Philippines from the 1980s to the 1990s.
- Remote Area Medical Volunteer Corps, a non-profit, volunteer United States healthcare organization.
- Residents Action Movement, a left-wing coalition in the Auckland Region of New Zealand
- Riverside Art Museum in Riverside, California
- Royal Academy of Music, in London, England
- Royal Air Maroc, the national airline of Morocco
- Royal Alberta Museum, in Alberta, Canada
- Research and Analysis of Media
- Royal Australian Mint, issuer of Australian coinage.
Science and technology
- Radar-absorbent material, a material designed to prevent detection of a vehicle or structure by radar
- Radioactive Material
- Random-access memory, computer memory that can be read from and written to in arbitrary sequence in a very high speed for computer and laptop
- Random access machine, a theoretical computer model
- .ram, a file extension for the RealAudio file format
- Rechargeable Alkaline Manganese, a type of dry cell battery
- Rectangular approximation method, a method of approximating the integral of a function
- Relative atomic mass, the mass of an atom at rest
- Ripple Attenuation Module, used in Switched-mode power supply circuits
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability, used in Metro systems
- Região Autónoma da Madeira, the Madeira Autonomous Region of Portugal
- Regiunea Autonomă Maghiară, the Hungarian Autonomous Province of Romania (1952–68)
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability, a subset of system quality attributes
- Responsibility assignment matrix
- Reverse Annuity Mortgage
- Root apical meristem
|Look up RAM, Ram, or ram in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.