Ram Narain Agarwal is noted scientist and an aerospace engineer of India and is known as father of the Agni series of surface-to-surface missiles.
He was born to a family of traders in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Agarwal has worked as Program Director (AGNI) and as Director Advanced Systems Laboratory and of DRDO.
Education and qualifications
- Padma Shri in the year 1990
- Padma Bhushan in the year 2000
- Dr. Biren Roy Space Science Award (1990) from Aero Society of India
- Scientist of the Year Award (1993)
- DRDO Technology Leadership Award (1998)
- Chandrasekhar Saraswati National Eminence Award for Science (2000)
- Life Time Achievement Award (2004).