From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up -rama, rama, or Rama in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rama can mean:
- Rama, Bosnia and Herzegovina, historical region of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Rama Lake (Bosnia and Herzegovina), near Prozor.
- Rama, Ethiopia, a town in northern Ethiopia.
- Rama (Gaul), a town in ancient Gaul.
- Rama, Ontario, a community in Ontario, Canada.
- Rama Lake (Pakistan), a lake near Astore, Pakistan.
- Rama, Saskatchewan, a community in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Rama River, two rivers.
- El Rama, a municipality in Nicaragua.
- Ramah in Benjamin, a city in ancient Israel.
- Ramatha, Rama or Ramlet in Palestine (present-day Israel).
Kings of Thailand
- Rama (Kings of Thailand)
- Rama I, the Great (1782–1809), Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke
- Rama II (1809–1824), Buddha Loetla Nabhalai
- Rama III (1824–1851), Nangklao
- Rama IV (1851–1868), Mongkut
- Rama V, the Great (1868–1910), Chulalongkorn
- Rama VI (1910–1925), Vajiravudh
- Rama VII (1925–1935), Prajadhipok
- Rama VIII (1935–1946), Ananda Mahidol
- Rama IX, the Great (installed 1946), Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Edi Rama (born 1964), Albanian politician and artist
- Rama Government, the cabinet formed by Rama after he was elected prime minister
- Rama Ravi (born 1943), Carnatic vocalist
- N. T. Rama Rao (1923–1996), Indian film actor, director, producer, and politician
- N. T. Rama Rao Jr. (b. 1983), Indian Telugu film actor
- Vilayanur S. Ramachandran, neurologist
- Nityananda Rama, the Vaishnava saint
- "The Rama" (1530–1572), Jewish religious teacher Moses Isserles
- Frederick Lenz, a spiritual teacher who used Rama as his teaching name
Art and Religion
Within the scriptures of India
- Rāma, the legendary Indian king regarded as an incarnation of Vishnu.
- Paraśurāma, 'Rama with the axe', a partial incarnation of Vishnu.
- Balarāma, 'the strong Rama', brother of Krishna.
- Ramā, another name of Lakshmi.
Works of Fiction
- Rama (comics), a DC Comics Indian superhero based on the Hindu god.
- Ramachandra (film), a 2003 film.
- Rendezvous with Rama, a book by Arthur C. Clarke.
Other Related Pages
- Rama people, Nicaragua.
- Rama language, spoken by the Rama people of Nicaragua.
- Rama (genus), a genus of catfish.
- Rama Records, a record label.
- Rama VII Bridge.
- Rama (רמה), a Hebrew female first name used in the State of Israel.
- Research Moored Array for African-Asian-Australian Monsoon Analysis and Prediction (RAMA).
- Rəmə, Azerbaijan.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.