|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
Ramanthapur (Telugu: రామంతపూర్) is a neighborhood in the Indian city of Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh. It lies close to Uppal, between Uppal and Amberpet, on the road from Uppal to Kachiguda. This is considered one of the fast-developing and preferred choice for onlookers with recent developments like Arena SEZ, GENPACT, NIIMS (Ghatkesar), Singapore Township and Infosys which are easily accessible from this location.
Ramanthapur is on the Warangal Highway with all facilities in reach. Approachable by Metro Rail coming closer to Uppal ring road. It is also close to the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium and now the Hyderabad Metro Rail is building a metro station in its backyard near Nagole.
It is a complete residential area with 32 colonies. Important ones being Gokhale Nagar, RTC Colony, Srinivasapuram, Sharada Nagar, Bharat Nagar, Bapu Nagar, Venkat Reddy Nagar, Church Colony, Pragathi Nagar, Endowment Colony and Indira Nagar.
Among these, the following ventures are pretty famous to live and are often referred to as landmarks: SMR Vinay Skycity, Vaishnavi Estates & Creative Raj Residency in RTC Colony, Siddhartha Apartments near TV Studio, Gupta Gardens near Srinivasapuram, Janapriya Apartments in Church Colony and Mirra Kamshetty Apartments near TV Studio.
Ramanthapur is well-connected to other parts of the city via various modes of transportation.
Ramanthapur has 3 different bus stops within a span of 1 km each. One is at TV Studio, second at Petrol bunk and third at Hyderabad Public School/Andhra Bank. Apart from these, there are buses from Sec'bad at regular intervals which commute people till RTC Colony.
- From Sec'bad/Mettuguda/Tarnaka/Nacharam X Roads/ Habsiguda: 18R if the destination is RTC Colony/Church Colony and 18V if the destination is Srinivasapuram, TV Studio or Venkat Reddy Nagar.
- From (or To) Koti/Chaderghat/Kachiguda/Amberpet: 115
- From (or To) Mehdipatnam/Masab Tank/ Lakdikapool/Himayathnagar/Tilaknagar/Amberpet: 113M
- From (or To) Hitech City/ Peddamma Gudi/ Jubilee Hills/ Pension Office (covering above route & Abids Koti) : 115/127
- From (or To) ESI/SR Nagar/Ameerpet/Himayathnagar/VST/Vidyanagar/Amberpet: 113E
- From (or To) ESI (Via Chikkadpally): 113E/C
- From (or To) Kukatpally (Covering above route) : 113K
- From (or To) Lingampally (covering above route): 113K/L
- From (or To) Dilsukhnagar: Take 107(V) to get down at Sree Ramana theater to take share auto or above route buses.
- From (or To) Uppal: Any bus heading towards city (except Sec'bad) should pass through Ramanthapur. Almost all buses passing through Ramanthapur will go till Uppal.
- From LB Nagar: Take buses heading towards Uppal X Roads. Get down at Uppal X Road and take a share auto or above listed buses. If you are going to LB Nagar, get down at Uppal X Road to take buses heading towards LB Nagar or Ibrahimpatnam or Vanasthalipuram.
- From (or To) Shamshabad: Take the Koti route bus. From there there is a different bus stop a few meters away from where you can take 251, 252D, 90L/251, 90/251, 49M/251, 20/251 to Airport & Shamshabad.
Vidyanagar and Kachiguda are near-by stations to reach Ramanthapur, if you are commuting by local train.
- Government Polytechnic College
- Government Homeopathy Medical College
- Hyderabad Public School
- St. Joseph's High School
- St. Joseph's High School, Gokhale Nagar
- Chaithanya Bharathi High School, Shanthi Nagar Colony
- Cardinal Gracious High School
- The Mother's Integral High School
- Bala Bharathi High School
- Ananda Jyothi High School
- SmartKidz Play School
- HPS Play School
- Golden Crescent Play School
- Suvidhya Play School
- Sri Chaitanya Junior College
- Narayana Junior College
- Princeton Junior, Degree & PG College
- Akshat Academy-performing arts[Dance (western, classical), vocal lite music, instrumental musics, fashion designing, drawing, painting, spoken languages (English, French, Italian, German, Sanskrit)]
- Government Homeopathy Medical College and Clinic (Free Homeo checkup)
- Janani Nursing Home (Gynaecology & Newborn)
- Gayathri Nursing Home (General + Gynaecology)
- Krishna Swathi Children's Hospital (Pediatric)
- Matrix Hospital
- Sanjeevani Nursing Home (General care)
- Ramanthapur Hospitals (General Care)
- Janani Fertility Center
- AnanthaLaksmi Kidney and Super Specialty Hospital (Phone 27030500)
- ADRM (General, Sp: Bone & Muscle Setting)
- Jaya Krishna Hospitals (General)
- Ramanthapur Dental Clinic
- Andhra Bank
- HDFC (in Bharat Petroleum Station & one at Pragati Nagar)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (in Bharat Petroleum Station)
- Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank (Beside Bharat Petroleum Station, in bank building)
- Axis Bank (Opp. TV Studio)
- Canara Bank (Opp. Homeopathy College & one at RTC Colony)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (Opp. TV Studio, below SBH bank)
- Laxmi Vilas Bank (Opp. TV Studio, below SBH bank)
- ICICI (Srinivasa Puram,Gandhi Nagar)
- Bank of Baroda (co-existing with Bank)
Ramanthapur houses a lot of places to worship. There are around 15 Hindu temples out of which Sree Veerabrahmendra Swamy Mutt in Sreenivasapuram, Pochamma Temple in Gokhale Nagar, Satyanarayana Swamy Temple in Sharada Nagar, Ayyappa Swamy Temple in Endowment Colony, Katta Maisamma Temple in RTC Colony, Shivalayam in Srinivasapuram and Sai Baba Mandir in Bapu Nagar are well-known.
There is one mosque located beside Andhra Bank and Hyderabad Public School. The Christ the King church is also a famous landmark in the neighborhood.
- Mirra Kamshetty Mall
- Vishal Mega Mart
- Vaishnavi Shopping Mall
- Reliance Fresh
- Greenz Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
- The Mobile Store
- Sangeetha Mobiles
- Ushodaya Supermarket
- 1 2 3 Shopping Mall, beside Ushodaya Supermarket
- Ravi Library, lane opp. to Andhra Bank
Food & Drink
- Aahaar Restaurant & Banquet Hall
- Lavalee Restaurant & Banquet Hall, above Ushodaya Supermarket
- Panchami Tiffins, Opp. Homeopathy College
- Shanthi Tiffins, near Petrol Bunk
- Ram Reddy Sweets, Chat & Icecream parlour
- Helado Ice-cream Parlour
- Scoops Ice-cream Parlour
- Gayathri Tiffins, Opp. Ushodaya Supermarket
- Jagadhamba Tiffins, Opp. Hyderbad Public School
E-Seva offers the facility to pay most of the bills like Electricity, Water, Gas, Internet & Telephone, Property Tax, Passport, Birth Certificates etc. The E-Seva at Ramanthapur is located in RTC Colony. Other options to pay bills include Mee Seva Centers which offer to pay all sorts of bills along with other services like booking movie tickets etc. Mee Seva Center in Ramanthapur is located in the lane beside Mirra Kamshetty Mall, opp. TV Studio.