|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2008)|
|Genres||Doom metal, sludge metal|
|Years active||2003–2013 (hiatus)|
|Labels||Feto, Ritual Productions|
|Associated acts||Electric Wizard, 11 PARANOIAS, SERPENTINE PATH|
|Past members||Tim Bagshaw|
Ramesses was formed in February 2003 by Tim Bagshaw and Mark Greening (ex-Electric Wizard) with Adam Richardson formerly of Lord of Putrefaction, Spirmyard, and Hexed. They play a form of "crushing blackened doom" with "torrential riffing", "concussive percussion" and frightening growls composed during "freeform psychedelic jams". They are currently unsigned. Their second album titled 'Take the Curse' was released in 2010.
In 2011 the band released their 3rd full-length album "Possessed By The Rise of Magick". The shortly followed it up with the studio/live EP "Chrome Pineal". It featured 3 new studio tracks and 3 live tracks recorded in 2007.
In 2012 it was announced that Founding member / guitarist Tim Bagshaw had left the band. Tim had moved from England to the United States and formed the sludge / doom metal band Serpentine Path with all 3 members of the band Unearthly Trance. Mike Vest of the band Bong filed in on guitar for live performances.
On January 29, 2013 on their official website the band announced a "hibernation". It had also been stated on Mark Greening's Facebook page that he had quit the band in October 2012 to rejoin a previous band, name of said band not mentioned. Adam Richardson is working on a new project entitled 11Paranoias with Mike Vest of "Bong". Mark Greening was also a previous member of that project.
- Misanthropic Alchemy (2007)
- Take the Curse (2010)
- Possessed By The Rise Of Magik (2011)
- TBC (2012)
- Promo 2003 (Demo, 2003)
- Negative Reaction/Ramesses Split (Split, 2004)
- We Will Lead You to Glorious Times (EP, 2005)
- The Tomb (Demo, 2005)
- "Lack of Almost Everything" cover of an Eyehategod song on the tribute album For the Sick (Song, 2007)
- Unearthly Trance/Ramesses split (10" Split, 2009)
- Baptism of the Walking Dead (EP, 2009)
- Chrome Pineal (2011)
- Ramesses (Single, 2004)
- Adam Richardson - lead vocals, bass (2003-present)
- Mike Vest - guitar (2012) 
- http://www.queensofsteel.com/2008/08/ramesses-eng/ For 2012: Record next LP
- Ramesses Chrome Pineal release date, tracklisting and cover unveiled!
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|