Rami Kleinstein was born in New York. He moved to Israel with his family in 1970. As a child, he studied piano and classical music. In 1988, he married the Israeli singer Rita. They performed together in the 1980s while serving in the military. Kleinstein subsequently composed and produced many of Rita's songs.The couple, now divorced, have two daughters. 
In 1986, Rami's first solo album ביום של הפצצה (meaning On the day of the bomb) achieved gold status. In 1997, his sixth album, כל מה שתרצי (meaning Everything you want) reached triple platinum status within ten days of release. He was voted "Singer of the Year" in 1995, after his album תפוחים ותמרים (meaning Apples and dates) reached triple platinum.
In popular culture
He was a judge in The Voice Israel inaugural season in 2012 on Israeli television.
- 1986: ביום של הפצצה
- 1989: על הגשר הישן
- 1991: אהביני
- 1993: במסיבה אצל גידו
- 1995: תפוחים ותמרים
- 1997: כל מה שתרצי
- 2000: פטר והזאב וקרנבל החיות
- 2000: תגיד את זה
- 2005: הרבה פנים
- 2009: שיר חשוף
- 2009: סינרגיה אקוסטית with band סינרגיה
- 2010: Live
- Israeli pop stars to tour U.S.
- About Rami Kleinstein
- "Continuum encyclopedia of popular ...". Books.google.com. July 22, 2009. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- "Billboard". Billboard. February 15, 1997. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- "Popular music and national culture ...". Books.google.com. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- "Israel". Books.google.com. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- "Rami Kleinstein: Rocker with American roots". Jerusalem Post. October 1, 1996. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- Rami and Rita - the end?
- Dynamic duo