Ramoji Film City
Entrance to Ramoji Film City
|Type||Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Key people||Ramoji Rao, Founder, Ramoji Group|
It is also a popular tourism and recreation centre, containing both natural and artificial attractions including an amusement park. The Outer Ring Road Phase 2 has acquired lands at the entrance and is set to intersect the city.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
The sprawling 2000-acre Ramoji Film City, set up by Ramoji Group in 1996, is the land of million dreams, where comprehensive and world-class filmmaking facilities await dream merchants for a celluloid journey. Certified by the Guinness World Records as the world’s largest film studio complex, at Ramoji Film City a filmmaker can walk with a script and walk out with film. The massive dreamscape vibrant with flamboyant locales, picturesque avenues, make-believe sets and outstanding film-making infrastructure make it as filmmakers’ paradise.
Numerous films in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Bhojpuri, English and several TV commercials and serials are produced here every year. http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/1/largest-film-studio
One of the most interesting thing of Ramogi Film City is the expensive entrance ticket which is worthless,.
Indian film producer Ramoji Rao, head of Ramoji Group, opened the facility in 1996. The creation of the Ramoji Film City was an outcome of the Group's association with Indian cinema through Usha Kiran Movies. This dedicated film production house, has produced over 80 films in several languages such as Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali and international film industries.
Delhi's Mughal gardens at RFC, one of the many gardens at the city
Vrindavan Garden, Mysore replicated at the city
- Md A Basith, TNN, Jul 6, 2006, 02.19am IST (2006-07-06). "Ramoji Film City may lose land to ORR - Hyderabad - City - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2010-09-06.
- "Guinness World Records certifies Ramoji Film City as the World's largest Film Studio Complex". Ramoji Film City. Archived from the original on 2008-04-02. Retrieved 2008-04-08.
- "Ramoji Film City in the Guinness Book of World Records".
- "Ramoji Film City". The Times Of India.
- "About Ramoji Film City".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramoji Film City.|