|Born||Cherukuri Ramoji Rao
16 November 1936
Pedaparupudi, Madras Presidency, British India
(now in Andhra Pradesh, India)
|Residence||Anajpur, Telangana, India|
|Occupation||Businessman, Media Entrepreneur|
Cherukuri Ramoji Rao, better known as Ramoji Rao (born 16 November 1936) is an Indian businessman, film producer, and media entrepreneur. He is head of the Ramoji Group which owns, among other things, the world's largest film production facility, Ramoji Film City and film production company Usha Kiron Movies, established in 1983.
Ramoji Rao cherukuri was born in Pedaparupudi, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh, into an agricultural family. Some of the companies owned by the Ramoji group include Margadarsi Chit Fund, Eenadu newspaper, ETV, Priya Foods, Ushakiron Movies and as mentioned above, the Ramoji Film City near Hyderabad. He is also the chairman of Dolphin group of hotels in Andhra Pradesh and he won 4 Filmfare Awards.
Ramoji Rao's younger son Cherukuri Suman died of cancer on 7 September 2012.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)|
Ramoji Film City
Ramoji Film City, the world’s largest integrated film studio complex, was founded by Ramoji Rao in 1996. It is a popular tourism and recreation centre, containing both natural and artificial attractions including an amusement park. tourists visit the facility every month. Its attractions include exotic gardens, an entertainment center where live stunt shows are enacted, and a ride that simulates space travel.
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu (producer) - Nuvve Kavali (2000)
- Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu) - Pratighatana (1985)
- Filmfare Special Award - South for excellent outstanding contributions of south Indian cinema (1998)
- Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu) - Nuvve Kavali (2000)
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award - South (2004)
Cherukuri Ramojirao & Ramadevi sons: Kiran,suman & Sailaja,
- "Largest film studio". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- Ramoji Rao's Son Suman Died - Sakshi TV on YouTube