From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ramose was an ancient Egyptian name, meaning "Born of Ra". Variants of the name include Ramesses (Ramessu) and Paramessu; these various spellings could be used to refer to the same person. Ramose Notable bearers of the name include:
- Ramose, a son of Ahmose I.
- Ramose, the father of Senenmut, Hatshepsut's highest state official;
- Ramose, Amenhotep III's vizier (TT55);
- Ramose, a general from Amarna (Tombs of the Nobles (Amarna)).
- Cruz-Uribe, Eugene (July 1978). "The Father of Rameses I: 0I 11456". Journal of Near Eastern Studies 37 (3): 237–244.
|This Egyptian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ancient Egypt biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|