Williamson Athletics Center, location of the Rams Club
|Founded||December 7, 1938|
|Tax ID no.||56-6058412|
|Area served||North Carolina, United States|
|Mission||To offer financial aid to worthy young men and women seeking an education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and to support University programs by providing services and funds for the construction of facilities or purchase of equipment. |
The Educational Foundation, Inc., better known as the Rams Club is the athletic booster club and scholarship organization of the North Carolina Tar Heels at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The Rams Club was founded on December 7, 1938 and has approximately 16,000 members as of August 2011. It is based at the Williamson Athletics Center, located next the Dean E. Smith Center, named for former executive director Ernie Williamson.
- "Mission and Vision". Chapel Hill, NC: The Educational Foundation, Inc. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- "Stock Transfer Instructions for The Educational Foundation, Inc.". Chapel Hill, NC: The Educational Foundation, Inc. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- "Contact Us". Chapel Hill, NC: The Educational Foundation, Inc. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Tysiac, K.; Blythe, A. (August 12, 2011). "UNC Chief Vows To Stay On Amid Firing of Football Coach". Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, NC). "The Rams Club has about 16,000 members."
- "Rams Club Staff Directory". Chapel Hill, NC: The Educational Foundation, Inc. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- "The Ram's Goat". Times-News (Hendersonville, NC). December 4, 1987. p. 4. "... the Rams Club, less well known as the Educational Foundation."
- Clarke, L. (March 5, 2005). "Most ACC Tickets: Booster Seats; Big Donors Will Fill Up MCI Center During Tournament". The Washington Post (Washington, DC). p. A-01.
- Hooks, J. (December 21, 1975). "Big Four Change". Wilmington Star-News (Wilmington, NC). p. C-3. "The tickets are distributed to members of the competing university's athletic supporting organizations, the Wolfpack Club, The Rams Club, the Iron Dukes, etc."
- "Former Rams Club Leader Dies at 79". News & Record (Greensboro, NC). March 8, 2002. p. C-10. "Ernie Williamson, the executive director of North Carolina's athletic booster club and scholarship organization ..."
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|