|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Gian-Carlo Carra|
|• Total||0.9 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,065 m (3,494 ft)|
|• Median Income (2000)||$43,716|
|Time zone||Mountain Time Zone (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||area code 403|
|Website||Ramsay Community Association|
Ramsay is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is an inner city community, located east of the Elbow River, Macleod Trail, Stampede Grounds and the Pengrowth Saddledome arena and south of Inglewood. To the south-east, it borders the Alyth-Bonny Brook industrial area. The eastern half of the community consists primarily of older homes and there is an industrial area in the most eastern corner of the community.
The area now known as Ramsay was developed in the 1880s by Wesley Fletcher Orr and his partners. It was named Ramsay in 1956 when residents of Burnsland, Brewery Flats, Grandview and Mills Estate consolidated as a new community. It was named for William Thomson Ramsay (1857-1921), an early land agent and property owner. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 9 councillor. The community has an area redevelopment plan in place.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $43,716 in 2000. This means half of the population in this community had an income above that amount, and the other half had an income below that amount. As a reference, the median household income for the whole city of Calgary was approximately 30% greater: $57,879.
The low income residents living in the neighbourhood represented 19.5% of its total population. As of 2000, 15.1% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 31% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 46.9% of the housing was used for renting.
In 2006, there were 91 crimes per thousand population. These included, from July 2006 to December 2006:
|Theft of Vehicle||Mischief||Assault||Theft from Vehicle||Break and Enter|
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Ramsay Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "Federation of Calgary Communities". Retrieved 2007-07-15.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "Ramsay Area Redevelopment Plan". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 9 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- St. Anne Academic Centre
- Calgary Catholic School District
- Ramsay Elementary School
- Calgary Police Service (2007). "News & Events". Archived from the original on 2007-07-07. Retrieved 2007-08-09.
||Downtown East Village||Bridgeland/Riverside
|Manchester Industrial||Alyth/Bonny Brook|