|Area||1.01 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- land||1.01 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,048.7 / sq mi (405 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Ramsey, Illinois|
Ramsey is located at  It is a dry town meaning there is no alcohol sold within the city limits.(39.143884, -89.110012).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 1.01 square miles (2.6 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,056 people, 441 households, and 287 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,048.7 people per square mile (403.7/km²). There were 482 housing units at an average density of 478.7 per square mile (184.3/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 99.24% White, 0.38% Native American, 0.09% Asian, and 0.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.19% of the population.
There were 441 households out of which 30.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.7% were married couples living together, 11.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.7% were non-families. 32.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 18.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.39 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the village the population was spread out with 27.4% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 26.7% from 25 to 44, 18.7% from 45 to 64, and 17.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 96.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.2 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $29,792, and the median income for a family was $36,354. Males had a median income of $30,893 versus $18,846 for females. The per capita income for the village was $13,878. About 9.3% of families and 13.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.9% of those under age 18 and 10.2% of those age 65 or over.
- Glen Hobbie, baseball player. Resident of Ramsey at the time of his death.
- H. L. Hunt, oil tycoon, inspired the 1980s television series Dallas; born near Ramsey
- Tex Williams, country and swing musician (Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette)); born in Ramsey
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Glen F Hobbie, 77