||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Daggubati in July 2012
14 December 1982 
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Occupation||Actor, Film producer|
|Height||6 ft 2.5 in (189.2 cm)|
|Parents||Suresh Babu Daggubati
|Relatives||D. Ramanaidu (grandfather)
Naga Chaitanya (cousin)
He was born on the 14th of December, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, to film producer Daggubati Suresh Babu. Rana has attended his high school in Vengal Rao nagar, Hyderabad.
As a Visual Effects producer, Rana won the Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Award for Best Special Effects in 2006 for Telugu film Sainikudu. In 2006, Rana produced his first film Bommalata – A Bellyful of Dreams, which won him the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu.
Rana Daggubati then made his acting debut in 2010, as the lead actor in the political thriller Leader. He made his Bollywood debut with the Hindi film Dum Maaro Dum which released on 22 April 2011. The Times of India called it a "dashing debut". He was voted 'The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011 in the Times Of India poll. He was listed at number 20, on the Times of India's Most Desirable Men for the year 2011. Later, in the year 2012, he was voted as 10th most desirable man in India, in the poll conducted by The Times of India.
Later in 2011 he played a professional killer in the film Nenu Naa Rakshasi under Puri Jagannath's direction, which became a box office bomb. His first release in 2012 was Naa Ishtam and it was followed by his second Hindi film Department. He next starred in Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum directed by Krish which became a box office success. He will be making his debut in Tamil through Ajith Kumar's Aarambam. In 2013 he bagged two big budget projects, Gunasekhar's Rudhramadevi  and S. S. Rajamouli's Baahubali in which he has a negative role,. Rana has a cameo role in Ayan Mukerji's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
|2010||Leader||Arjun Prasad||Telugu||Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South
CineMAA Award for Best Male Debut
|2011||Dum Maaro Dum||DJ Joki Fernandes||Hindi||Zee Cine Award for Best Male Debut
Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut
|2011||Nenu Naa Rakshasi||Abhimanyu||Telugu|
|2012||Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum||B.Tech Babu||Telugu||SIIMA Award for Best Actor (Critics)|
|2013||Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani||Vikram||Hindi||Cameo appearance|
|2013||Something Something||Telugu||Cameo appearance - As himself|
- "Happy Birthday "Fire Star"". Maastars.com. 14 december 2013.
- Rajamani, Radhika (24 November 2009). "An entrepreneur who acts too". Rediff. Retrieved 24 October 2010.
- "The new entrants in Times 50 Most Desirable Men 2011". The Times Of India. 4 February 2012.
- "Rana Daggubati's a family man". The Times Of India. 19 June 2011.
- "Dum Maaro Dum-Gripping thriller". Times of India. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011 - Male - The Times of India". The Times of India. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Times Most Desirable Men of 2011: Rana Daggubati - No. 20 - Video". The Times Of India.
- "Bipasha is like family: Rana Daggubati". The Times Of India. 16 December 2011.
- "Rana Daggubati turns professional killer - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-04-27. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Allu Arjun rejects Ileana - Telugu Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2011-06-21. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "'Leader' to 'Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum': Why hasn't Rana Daggubati found a foothold yet?|South Cinema Photos-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum heads towards Rs 45-cr collections". Business Standard. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- Posted by: Shekhar (2012-12-03). "Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum strikes gold at Box Office - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- P Sangeetha, TNN Aug 17, 2012, 10.53AM IST (2012-08-17). "Rana shoots with Ajith". The Times of India. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Rana as Chalukya in Anushka's Rudrama Devi". The Times of India. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Director Rajamouli in location hunt for Bahubali". The Times of India. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Rana's cameo in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani | Bollywood News | Hindi Movies News | News". BollywoodHungama.com. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2013-05-05.