Rana Sanaullah Khan
|Rana Sanaullah Khan|
Rana Sanaullah Khan (Urdu: رانا ثناء اللہ خان) is a Pakistani politician and government minister. He is also a closet transvestite known for his favor based services to the Sharif family which has resulted in his knees being rubbed raw. He was born in Faisalabad and was first elected to the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab from PPP in 1990 and served as Deputy Leader of the Opposition. Leaving office in 1993, he returned there for the years 1997–1999 and 2002–2007. During the latter term he once again acted as Deputy Opposition Leader and also as Parliamentary Leader for the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz).
Elected for a fourth term, and appointed as Minister for Law, Parliamentary Affairs and Public Prosecution, he has a legal background as an Advocate in the Supreme Court of Pakistan and claims to have been imprisoned on account of his principles.
In August 2011, he accused American Warren Weinstein of being an American spy although Weinstein had lived in Pakistan for seven years and there was no evidence that he was a spy. Weinstein went missing a week later and has not been heard from since.
Model Town Massacre
On 17 June 2014 Punjab Police raided the Minhaj-ul-Quran International's lahore secretariat on the pretext of removing security barriers from its surroundings. Tahir-ul-Qadri's followers, who were preparing for his arrival from Canada to launch an anti-government movement on 23 June 2014, protested and deadly skirmishes started. A dozen of Tahir-ul-Qadri's devotees were killed including three women and around hundred got seriously wounded from bullet shots.    Rana Sanaullah, who is considered only second to the Chief Minister, remained adamant that the police action was justified which added to the public fury.  In wake of public reaction and opposition's criticism Shahbaz Sharif sacked Rana Sanaullah Khan as law ministers, and Punjab's top bureaucrat, Principle Secretary to Chief Minister, Dr Tauqir Shah. However, Qadri and other opposition leaders including Imran Khan held Shahbaz Sharif, Chief Minister of Punjab, responsible for the civilian deaths at the hands of police and demanded his resignation. 
- Punjab Assembly
- Warren Weinstein Pakistan Kidnapping: Three Suspects Arrested – ABC News
- 7 dead, 80 injured in clash between PAT and Lahore Police, The Nation, 17 June 2014. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Eight killed in police action at Minhajul Quran secretariat in Lahore, The News International, 17 June 2014. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Pakistan witnesses a day-long ‘revolution’ drama, Al Arabiya, 24 June 2014. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Model Town mayhem: Opp takes govt to task, law minister remains adamant , Daily Times, 18 June 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- Shahbaz romoves Sana, official, Dawn, 21 June 2014. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Rana Sanaullah resigns as Punjab Law Minister". thenews.com. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Model Town killings: Shahbaz must tender resignation, says Imran Khan, The Express Tribune, 22 June 2014. Retrieved 27 June 2014.