Rancho Tehama Reserve, California
|Rancho Tehama Reserve|
|— census-designated place —|
|Tehama County and the state of California|
|• Total||11.717 sq mi (30.345 km2)|
|• Land||11.639 sq mi (30.144 km2)|
|• Water||0.078 sq mi (0.201 km2) 0.66%|
|• Density||130/sq mi ( 49/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|ZIP codes||96021, 96080|
Rancho Tehama Reserve is a census-designated place (CDP) in Tehama County, California, United States. The population was 1,485 at the 2010 census, up from 1,406 at the 2000 census. Wired telephone numbers in this locale follow the pattern (530) 585-xxxx.
Rancho Tehama Airport, National Geographic Names Database feature ID 1653862, is located atin the same vicinity as other references to the community.
Rancho Tehama Reserve is located at .(40.008099, -122.425912)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 11.7 square miles (30 km2), of which, 11.6 square miles (30 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (0.66%) is water.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Rancho Tehama Reserve had a population of 1,485. The population density was 126.7 people per square mile (48.9/km²). The racial makeup of Rancho Tehama Reserve was 1,181 (79.5%) White, 21 (1.4%) African American, 52 (3.5%) Native American, 21 (1.4%) Asian, 5 (0.3%) Pacific Islander, 102 (6.9%) from other races, and 103 (6.9%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 214 persons (14.4%).
The Census reported that 1,485 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 587 households, out of which 143 (24.4%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 289 (49.2%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 63 (10.7%) had a female householder with no husband present, 42 (7.2%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 37 (6.3%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 1 (0.2%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 148 households (25.2%) were made up of individuals and 57 (9.7%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.53. There were 394 families (67.1% of all households); the average family size was 2.96.
The population was spread out with 295 people (19.9%) under the age of 18, 110 people (7.4%) aged 18 to 24, 253 people (17.0%) aged 25 to 44, 509 people (34.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 318 people (21.4%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 48.5 years. For every 100 females there were 100.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.7 males.
There were 776 housing units at an average density of 66.2 per square mile (25.6/km²), of which 476 (81.1%) were owner-occupied, and 111 (18.9%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 6.5%; the rental vacancy rate was 6.7%. 1,150 people (77.4% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 335 people (22.6%) lived in rental housing units.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,406 people, 534 households, and 370 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 65.5 people per square mile (25.3/km²). There were 731 housing units at an average density of 34.0 per square mile (13.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 82.36% White, 1.00% African American, 3.63% Native American, 1.42% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 7.82% from other races, and 3.70% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.44% of the population.
There were 534 households out of which 21.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.1% were married couples living together, 9.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.7% were non-families. 21.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.06.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 26.2% under the age of 18, 5.1% from 18 to 24, 21.4% from 25 to 44, 26.6% from 45 to 64, and 20.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 101.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $25,236, and the median income for a family was $25,878. Males had a median income of $25,069 versus $19,350 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $12,738. About 18.3% of families and 25.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 38.9% of those under age 18 and 3.4% of those age 65 or over.
- U.S. Census
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Rancho Tehama Association
- Rancho Tehama internet site designed and operated entirely for the benefit of the more than 1600 member/owners of real property in Rancho Tehama.