Hokanson studied on scholarship with Harold Samuel, Myra Hess and Carl Friedberg. He has performed as soloist under Sir Thomas Beecham, Pierre Monteux, Arthur Fiedler, Walter Susskind, Milton Katims, Stanley Chapple among others. He toured the United States and Canada for 8 years. He was still performing at the age of 90. In 2011, he released a memoir, With Head to the Music Bent: A Musician's Story.
- Hokanson, Randolph. "United States Public Records, 1970-2009". FamilySearch. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Bargreen, Melinda (October 7, 2005). "Piano man emeritus lends hands for benefit". The Seattle Times. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- Hokanson, Randolph (2011). With Head to the Music Bent: A Musician's Story. Third Place Press. ISBN 978-1-60944-026-8.
- "Dorothy Hokanson, composer". The Seattle Times. June 28, 2001. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- Media related to Randolph Hokanson at Wikimedia Commons
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|