Randolph Township, Portage County, Ohio
|Randolph Township, Ohio|
Location within Portage County
|• Total||29.2 sq mi (75.6 km2)|
|• Land||29.1 sq mi (75.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,125 ft (343 m)|
|• Density||188.8/sq mi (72.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||330, 234|
|GNIS feature ID||1086836|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Rootstown Township - north
- Edinburg Township - northeast corner
- Atwater Township - east
- Marlboro Township, Stark County - south
- Lake Township, Stark County - southwest
- Suffield Township - west
- Brimfield Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Randolph Township.
Formed from the Connecticut Western Reserve, Randolph Township covers an area of 25 sq mi.
Name and history
It is the only Randolph Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Randolph is home to the Portage County fairgrounds and the annual Portage County-Randolph Fair each August. The fair celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2008.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Portage County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.